Anybody get anything cool for Christmas?

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,707
I got a dash cam and the kids got me a radio controlled helicopter.

They've also taken to getting me a magnet with something funny on it for my chemical cabinet in the garage. It's a steel cabinet that's probably 70-80 years old at this point. Was my grandmother's. I built a pressure treated wood pedestal for it and screw it to the bottom to keep it off the floor. I use it to store chemicals in the garage. It's line with Rock Auto magnets and whenever I buy a part that comes with a sticker, I sticker the sticker to a magnet sheet from a craft store and cut it out. The kids have been getting me a magnet for it the last 3 years now. This year was a magnet that looks like french fries and says "Exercise? I thought you said "Extra Fries"!"
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited December 2019
    I got a pair of MIT S2 Cables via a fellow Polkie, a 20 pound BlanQuil to help me sleep (thats a weighed blanket that applies deep pressure) and a 2 year subscription to The Economist to receive stay up on news and current events. Quite an excellent Christmas!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    Nothing audio related here but I requested and received a spare 6amp 80volt kobalt battery for my kobalt chainsaw and blower. Battery operated tools are amazing nowadays as the blower out does my stihl handheld gas blower.
  • I got a record that i've been wanting, not much outside of that but I am thankful to be able to get plenty of gifts for my kiddo, wife and plenty of items for the new baby coming next month-ish.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    PJs....woohooo!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I got a stocking full of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. That is all I got... :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    not much ere either, wife said my 705's were the last audio I'm getting.

Had good dinners with my wife's family and mine, that is all I can ask for.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I got a stocking full of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. That is all I got... :D

Will that get you to Epiphany?

;)

mrloren wrote: »
    not much here either, wife said my 705's were the last audio I'm getting...
    [/quote[
    Heh.
    Heh.
    Heh.

:#

On topic :p
    Yeah, I got something pretty cool from our daughter & son-in-law...

8ccqqcziy1ge.jpg
    http://www.hornspeakersystems.info/
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Not much here to speak of. I usually get myself something kool during the big sales. Nothing jumped out at me this year. I am blessed to have spent time with family and extended family for food and comfort. I also feel thankful that my wife and me were able to fulfill our two kids wishes for new phones for Christmas. iPhone 11 and galaxy S10. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I got spikes for my other rack from Brian, what a righteous dude!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited December 2019
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Not much here to speak of. I usually get myself something kool during the big sales. Nothing jumped out at me this year. I am blessed to have spent time with family and extended family for food and comfort. I also feel thankful that my wife and me were able to fulfill our two kids wishes for new phones for Christmas. iPhone 11 and galaxy S10. Peace. D

You want Küül? Bring yourself back to 1978! New in Box...

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9j397-luxman-cl35-mkiii-tube-preamp-new-old-stock-complete-collector-set-tube

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    dromunds wrote: »
    Ok, I was a bad boy

vxq02j6meudg.jpeg

If you were good you would got some 100% cotton free ballers.
  • x8kkspb2kqrj.jpg
    And a Blackhawks jersey Kane 88
    Air Jordans
    From Wife
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Anything cool? Yeah....I got a bag of ice.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    edited December 2019
    Our family get together is on Saturday this year rather than Christmas Eve or Christmas day, so Mrs. Boot and I got to eat a Christmas day dinner of roast lamb, brussels sprouts with shallots, glazed carrots, garlic mashed potatoes with heavy cream, homemade ice cream and a nice petite sirah all on our own. It was a pretty cool gift.
    Post edited by OleBoot on
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    shawn474 wrote: »
    I am 45 years old and my wife got me what I would consider one of the top 5 coolest gifts I have ever received. I am a HUGE Legos can; I get my kids a set each Christmas. And the wife gets me a set. They have gotten quite expensive throughout the years but she splurged this year.

She got me the Voltron: Defender of the Universe set. It’s pretty incredible actually. You put together the five lions and they transform to assemble into the large robot. It’s over two feet tall and took hours to assemble. The detail in it was amazing. I know it’s nerdy but I think it’s awesome.

zkqbko08w0v2.jpeg

Don't show Trey, he might fall off the wagon.
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    ...a 20 pound BlanQuil to help me sleep (thats a weighed blanket that applies deep pressure)...

I got an 18lb version. Have you tried it? I'm a little scared that it will make me feel trapped.

PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    I thought about picking up Voltron myself. I was a huge fan in my childhood. Unfortunately I spent too much on retro Nintendo gear (besides Christmas) recently so could not pick it up. I am a geek too.

BTW, do you have the Saturn V set? It's one of the best deals out there last year and still going. I have 3 sets (one for both my sons and one for myself).

This Christmas I got my 8 year old the "LEGO City Cargo Train 60198" with some extra track. He loves it.

For myself, I asked for the "WORX Pegasus Multi-Function Work Table". It's a nice portable work surface for in the garage and outdoors. I often find a make-shift place to cut stuff while working outside. This will be a safer way to work.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    aiconn wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    ...a 20 pound BlanQuil to help me sleep (thats a weighed blanket that applies deep pressure)...

I got an 18lb version. Have you tried it? I'm a little scared that it will make me feel trapped.

My wife and I share a 15 lb version I think: we like it, don’t feel trapped all (and if you can’t get out from under an 18 lb blanket ya got bigger problems pal...)
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Legos are seriously cool. :)

I bought this set a couple months ago. vhnm7niezaj7.jpg
    I'm not a fan of Voltron, but that set is really cool. My sisters, who like Science fiction stuff more than me, nearly died when they saw that set in the LEGO store. ;)