Richie Kotzen

I got a CD of his from a friend. All he could tell me about the guy is that he was with Poison at one time and that he dresses like he shops at the "Rock Shop" at the mall so I did'nt expect much. Well I liked the CD enough that I went back to my friend to get the rest, alas he had thrown them all away a couple of days before. The CD I got was "Slow". Any fans? Any CD's that you like? Just wondering.

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Don't act like you never heard of him, Hell I heard of him a week or so ago
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    80's big hair showboat type player. I don't really care for him or his ilk.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • afterburnt
    edited January 2019
    @decal The rekkid I got is more of a funk kind of thing than anything else, He did do a project with Stanley Clarke and Lenny White. The only thing that I liked about Poison was that they would throw naked groupies out of there hotel windows and that is respectable no?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited January 2019
    Bruce you got any Winery Dogs fronted by Kotzen, saw them last year they tore the house down both thier CDs are worthy they are somewhat of a super group with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theatre fame, and Billy Shehan from Mr Big.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • afterburnt
    edited January 2019
    @gudnoyez Steve this CD definitely piqued my interest so I read up about him. He has recorded a lot of stuff, Any particular albums I should look for? Oh, I only have his "Slow" album.
  • gudnoyez
    Yeah both Winery Dogs are must have Poisions Native Tounge, is pretty good I will have to see what else I got. I m going to send you a PM.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• afterburnt
    decal wrote: »
    80's big hair showboat type player. I don't really care for him or his ilk.

@decal you are missing out on some hard rocking stuff if you write this guy off, his funk/RBish stuff is great too. I wish I hadn't missed out on all of the "free" CD's that I could have gotten because I had no idea who he was.
  • afterburnt
    I been listenin to him quite a bit, from time to time. I rekon I like him like mustard and French fried taters. UMMM
  • gudnoyez
    edited December 2019
    https://youtu.be/4qhxvnMDf2E
    Good chit, Ritchie is the Man enjoy yourself Bruce, uhh huhh. :D
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• afterburnt
    @gudnoyez I must say that I am pleasantly surprised with his catalog, he's quite prolific. Great stuff and there ain't much contemporary that I can get into but he's the real deal. Who would have thunk it?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    Good stuff! Don't know how I missed this. I liked that Poison Native Tongue album, lost track of Richie after that. I'll have to see if I can find some Winery Dogs CD files :p
  • gudnoyez
    https://youtu.be/zonlzjFC_dU
    Here's a Funkier side of Ritchie for you. funny listening to John McLaughlin while Posting Ritcie Kotzen vids.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• All cool stuff.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • All cool stuff.

So cool I latched onto a Kotzen kind of a day. I only have 10 of his albums plus his essential but in the event someone here is not hip to Richie may I strongly suggest ya get hip. He flat out throws down and I don't think he could make a bad album. I plan on adding more of his stuff and am glad the OP woke my Kotzen collection up. So versatile and home run every song. (10 years ago I was shallow but digging so much more these days and Richie is the real deal)
    Thanks for bringing his name up for it may have been a day with America if not. Love all of their stuff too. Especially the obscure songs. Never a bad tune with America. (See what I did there )🎩
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!