Qobuz Question

Options
msg
msg Posts: 9,434
Is a Facebook account really required to create Qobuz account?
I disabled signatures.

Comments

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    I paid for a year in advance and they never asked me about Facebook. I really like the service.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    No but you can use Facebook to sign up for it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mark090852
    Options
    No, using your Facebook account is just one way to sign up, but it is not necessary.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • msg
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Thanks guys, brain-f on the sign-up page.
    I disabled signatures.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    So whats the verdict?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Have you found many bands missing that you want?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • msg
    Options
    I've been slack on it :s
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Okay, took some PT this morning to see to a few things, and set this up real quick. I'll get some muzak set up an' gib it a proper wissen.

Miles Davis Quintet - The Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions started playing automatically, so I'm going with it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • erniejade
    Options
    Make sure you checking the high rez stuff out on there. I am not sure what app you are suing but, on my Lumin, Lightning and Mcontrol apps, they state hi rez on the icon.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • msg
    Options
    I'm using a computer, smartphone and will later this eve set up the Qobuz plug-in on LMS for the Squeezeboxes. I think that's limited to 24/96. I can probably figure out something to play high-res with on the main system.

Here's the settings page for the app. There is an option in there for > than 96. I presume this means greater than 96k. I'll play around with it to see how it works.

1o8ptp16ie5i.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • erniejade
    Options
    They do also have some higher then that but that's a start :)
  • msg
    Options
    I see the 24/192 option in the apps they have, but on the LMS plugin setup, it's not shown as such. I think the >96 may be the higher resolution stuff. I'll see how it goes if I try to play it and do some reading.

I'll check it out on the month trial. Need to see about getting some playlists imported. I think I used Soundiiz for this before when I was checking out Tidal and converting from Spotify for head start.
    I disabled signatures.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Make sure you checking the high rez stuff out on there. I am not sure what app you are suing but, on my Lumin, Lightning and Mcontrol apps, they state hi rez on the icon.
    I’ve had Tidal for 5 months. I recently lost power twice in one day and have not been able to get Tidal to function properly. I started spinning discs and WOW, such a good sound! I signed up with Q to verify there wasn’t any hardware damage to the streaming side of things (due to loss of power).
    Streaming hiRez through Q immediately changed the “bit rate display“ on my DAC, whereas that never happened with Tidal
    erniejade wrote: »
    So whats the verdict?
    Too soon to tell. I just signed up yesterday
    I hope the pricing of their new tiered structure stays the same after the new yr.
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Have you found many bands missing that you want?
    Personally, I Stream to find new acts I’ve never heard of before. But yesterday, I did download Stairway and Songs for the Groovy Children . . . love me some Jimi
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Wrong thread. At least I’m in the ballpark🤣
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • erniejade
    Options
    All good. I also use it to find nee or different music.