Allow me to sing the praises of "The Korf Blog" :)

mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
edited August 2019 in 2 Channel Audio
I don't think I've ever mentioned The Korf Blog here before (didn't turn up on a search).
I learned of it via one of the northern New England vacuum tube/analog hifi gurus (yes, there's a cabal of them up here; must be the long, dark, cold winters). It's a record player blog... and, unlike so, so many blogs dealing with analog/vinyl/rekkid playas, it's really, really excellent. Maybe a little more directed at one's right hemisphere than left, but really good.

Yeah, it can get a little technical, but it's well written by a person with a heart and a soul.

Imagine https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?reviews if it were written by someone who actually cared about hifi and who had a clue -- rather than a slavering Cretan cretin slavishly devoted to a suite of meaningless but easily performed measurements as the be-all and end-all of audio component performance assessment*. ;)

http://korfaudio.com/blog60

Highly recommended. :)

______
* Yeah, I'm not a big fan of ASR. :#

Comments

• 55LS70
    55LS70 Posts: 184
    Good find! I'll be checking it out. Looking forward for some good reading.
    Decware CSP3 Preamp, RCA 6DJ8, 2 X Rocket 6N1P-EV's, Cary SLA70B Signature V2 Amplifier: 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA/GE 5691's, 4 X Tung-Sol 6550's

Cambridge Audio 640C V2 CD Player & Dacmagic DAC

Rega Planar 3: Deep Groove Subplatter, P3 Motor
    upgrade, Dynavector 10x5, JA Michell counterwieght, Cardas tonearm wiring and Mapleshade stand

Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid Phonostage with BEL 6922 tubes, Polk Audio LS70's

H.H. Scott 330D AM/FM Tuner with H.H. Scott 335 Multiplex adaptor.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    If you're not a big fan of ASR why do you keep linking to them and giving them traffic and exposure?
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Thanks @mhardy6647 . Enjoyed the DL-103 cap piece. Will keep reading.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited August 2019
    The Korf Blog....I thought it was a Trekkie blog for Klingons. :p

Actually, it looks a bit like what I would expect from Raiffe, if he were into vinyl. B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    Clipdat wrote: »
    If you're not a big fan of ASR why do you keep linking to them and giving them traffic and exposure?

Same reason I talk about Klipsch loudspeakers. :|

Happy to give them traffic & exposure. I find the site endlessly and perversely fascinating.
    I read many, many of their (his) reviews.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Cool blog! Thanks for sharing.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2019
    De nada.

FWIW, this is the most interesting thing I've read today (and I am not being facetious)!

http://korfaudio.com/blog32
    http://korfaudio.com/blog33

:)
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    ^^^^
    Thank you for that. Stretched my brain.
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Highly recommended. :)
    #

Thank you for linking to my blog. This is probably the highest praise I have received yet :)
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Welcome to Club Polk.