Allow me to sing the praises of "The Korf Blog" :)

mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,585
edited August 21 in 2 Channel Audio
I don't think I've ever mentioned The Korf Blog here before (didn't turn up on a search).
I learned of it via one of the northern New England vacuum tube/analog hifi gurus (yes, there's a cabal of them up here; must be the long, dark, cold winters). It's a record player blog... and, unlike so, so many blogs dealing with analog/vinyl/rekkid playas, it's really, really excellent. Maybe a little more directed at one's right hemisphere than left, but really good.

Yeah, it can get a little technical, but it's well written by a person with a heart and a soul.

Imagine https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?reviews if it were written by someone who actually cared about hifi and who had a clue -- rather than a slavering Cretan cretin slavishly devoted to a suite of meaningless but easily performed measurements as the be-all and end-all of audio component performance assessment*. ;)

http://korfaudio.com/blog60

Highly recommended. :)

______
* Yeah, I'm not a big fan of ASR. :#

Comments

• 55LS7055LS70 Posts: 174
    Good find! I'll be checking it out. Looking forward for some good reading.
    NEW P-3 Pre: RCA 12BH7, 2 X Telefunken ECC82 smooth plates, Cary SLA70B Signature V2 Amplifier: 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA/GE 5691's, 4 X Tung-Sol 6550's

Cambridge Audio 640C V2 CD Player & Dacmagic DAC

Rega Planar 3: Deep Groove Subplatter, P3 Motor
    upgrade, Dynavector 10x5, JA Michell counterwieght, Cardas tonearm wiring and Mapleshade stand

Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid Phonostage with BEL 6922 tubes, Polk Audio LS70's

H.H. Scott 330D AM/FM Tuner with H.H. Scott 335 Multiplex adaptor.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,075
    If you're not a big fan of ASR why do you keep linking to them and giving them traffic and exposure?
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,904
    Thanks @mhardy6647 . Enjoyed the DL-103 cap piece. Will keep reading.
    Den: Rega RP6 * AT33PTGII * Budgie SUT * Jolida jd9 * Roon (Sonic Transporter) * PS Audio DirectStream Jr. * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Sunfire Signature II * PSAudio Power Plant 3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2
    Office: Roon * Sonore UltraRendu (LPS-1, WW Plat7, Iso Regen, Lush) * ProJect Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * PSA Dectet * DH Labs Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354
    Beach: Music Hall MMF5.1se * Speed Box II * DL103r * Lounge Copla/LCRIII * W4S Sonos * Schiit Yggdrasil * Belles 20a Pre * First Watt F5 Clone * PSA Dectet * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,124
    edited August 21
    The Korf Blog....I thought it was a Trekkie blog for Klingons. :p

Actually, it looks a bit like what I would expect from Raiffe, if he were into vinyl. B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,585
    Clipdat wrote: »
    If you're not a big fan of ASR why do you keep linking to them and giving them traffic and exposure?

Same reason I talk about Klipsch loudspeakers. :|

Happy to give them traffic & exposure. I find the site endlessly and perversely fascinating.
    I read many, many of their (his) reviews.
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 898
    Cool blog! Thanks for sharing.
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator

Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,585
    edited August 21
    De nada.

FWIW, this is the most interesting thing I've read today (and I am not being facetious)!

http://korfaudio.com/blog32
    http://korfaudio.com/blog33

:)
  • tonyp063tonyp063 Posts: 661
    ^^^^
    Thank you for that. Stretched my brain.