Fairly firm to soft
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Fairly firm to soft

9zprq9q2pr94.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    It sounds like you waited till they started getting a little softer, that's good. I still have some that are taking 3+ weeks to get ripe.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Update: Still loving persimmons and making love to them every time I eat one.

Well isn't that just NASTY!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Update: Still loving persimmons and making love to them every time I eat one.

Well isn't that just NASTY!

Yeah, but I am trying to figure out if he inserts them or uses the old grapefruit trick and cuts a notch in them. :#
  • Clipdat
    I use a ceramic paring knife to slice into them with surgical precision, and then slowly ease the slice into my mouth. I then firmly press the slice into the roof of my mouth and squeeze it, forcing the juice out of it and into my hard and soft palates, fully absorbing it's decadent and intoxicating flavor.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I use a ceramic paring knife to slice into them with surgical precision, and then slowly ease the slice into my mouth. I then firmly press the slice into the roof of my mouth and squeeze it, forcing the juice out of it and into my hard and soft palates, fully absorbing it's decadent and intoxicating flavor.

Yep confirmed you're a weirdo.
    :D:D:D
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited December 2019
    Very hard to get in my area. I've always wanted to try some. Describe the taste Drew.

It's a complex fruit to try to describe! The consistency and texture is a little like an underripe pear or an under-cooked zucchini. It's not too juicy, but it does have a slick consistency that's slightly slippery.

In terms of flavor, I would describe it as primarily earthy but with a floral type of sweetness. There's a complexity to the flavor that includes a hint of bitterness or astringency, depending on the ripeness level. As they get riper and softer, they get very sweet and juicy. I prefer them when they are still pretty firm, before they get to that level.

Overall it's a nuanced and interesting flavor that is very unique and hard to compare to other fruits. It's very much just one of those things you have to try to see if you like it or not, and for most people it's a love it or hate it reaction.

Drew you got a talent! You should be writing for a food magazine too! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I find persimmons to be immaculately detailed flavor that ranges from oak and tea to caramel sweetness with tangy citrus pops of candied orange peel, hints of canvas sneakers and old folks home are also evident. It's like a beach blanket bingo party in your mouth, at low tide.

Another aspiring food reviewer! Love it! Although probably not the same magazine as Drew! :wink:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat

Yep confirmed you're a weirdo.
    :D:D:D

Oh comon, I was just joking. Sorta.
  • Clipdat
    Guess what boys, it's PERSIMMON SEASON AGAIN! YEAHHH BUDDY!

Oh my GOD it's been TOO LONG. Just devoured my first bag of them, will be resupplying this weekend. Looking into buying an entire box of them.

In this bag, some were over-ripe while others were under. But regardless, I made love to them and they were juicy and delicious. Absolutely incredible.

Persimmon-Fuyu-1.jpg
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    verb wrote: »
    Drew you got a talent! You should be writing for a food magazine too! :smile:

Or Playboy.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Guess what boys, it's PERSIMMON SEASON AGAIN! YEAHHH BUDDY!

Oh my GOD it's been TOO LONG. Just devoured my first bag of them, will be resupplying this weekend. Looking into buying an entire box of them.

In this bag, some were over-ripe while others were under. But regardless, I made love to them and they were juicy and delicious. Absolutely incredible.

Persimmon-Fuyu-1.jpg

You Sir, are disgusting, quite disgusting...quite
  • Clipdat
    Today is my 10 year wedding anniversary and my wife asked me what I wanted for the occasion.

I told her PERSIMMONS! So, she went out and bought me SIXTEEN of them! If that's not love, I don't know what is!
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,491
    Congratulations, young man. My 38th was a couple of weeks ago. One day I must try a persimmon.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    edited October 2020
    "In Greek, the Fuyu persimmon’s botanical name, Diospyros means “divine fruit”."

You got that right!
  • I'm not sure why but when I read "Fuyu Persimmons" I think of this guy:

ndgl0ik5zbld.png

"Yahoo Serious"
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    maxward wrote: »
    Congratulations, young man. My 38th was a couple of weeks ago. One day I must try a persimmon.

26 years of marriage here! Of course that is combined years with 3 ex-wives but hey!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    He was in Young Einstein. I saw it in the theater in high school. Still one of my favorites! Zany, if you like that sort of thing. And an accurate depiction of Albert Einstein's life.
    I'm not sure why but when I read "Fuyu Persimmons" I think of this guy:

ndgl0ik5zbld.png

"Yahoo Serious"
    I disabled signatures.
  • That's where I first head of him, he seems to have hit a few rough spots since.