Qobuz Question

msg
msg Posts: 9,272
Is a Facebook account really required to create Qobuz account?
I disabled signatures.

Comments

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,137
    I paid for a year in advance and they never asked me about Facebook. I really like the service.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    No but you can use Facebook to sign up for it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • No, using your Facebook account is just one way to sign up, but it is not necessary.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • msg
    edited December 2019
    Thanks guys, brain-f on the sign-up page.
    I disabled signatures.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287
    So whats the verdict?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Have you found many bands missing that you want?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • msg
    I've been slack on it :s
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Okay, took some PT this morning to see to a few things, and set this up real quick. I'll get some muzak set up an' gib it a proper wissen.

Miles Davis Quintet - The Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions started playing automatically, so I'm going with it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • erniejade
    Make sure you checking the high rez stuff out on there. I am not sure what app you are suing but, on my Lumin, Lightning and Mcontrol apps, they state hi rez on the icon.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • msg
    I'm using a computer, smartphone and will later this eve set up the Qobuz plug-in on LMS for the Squeezeboxes. I think that's limited to 24/96. I can probably figure out something to play high-res with on the main system.

Here's the settings page for the app. There is an option in there for > than 96. I presume this means greater than 96k. I'll play around with it to see how it works.

1o8ptp16ie5i.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • erniejade
    They do also have some higher then that but that's a start :)
  • msg
    I see the 24/192 option in the apps they have, but on the LMS plugin setup, it's not shown as such. I think the >96 may be the higher resolution stuff. I'll see how it goes if I try to play it and do some reading.

I'll check it out on the month trial. Need to see about getting some playlists imported. I think I used Soundiiz for this before when I was checking out Tidal and converting from Spotify for head start.
    I disabled signatures.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    erniejade wrote: »
    Make sure you checking the high rez stuff out on there. I am not sure what app you are suing but, on my Lumin, Lightning and Mcontrol apps, they state hi rez on the icon.
    I’ve had Tidal for 5 months. I recently lost power twice in one day and have not been able to get Tidal to function properly. I started spinning discs and WOW, such a good sound! I signed up with Q to verify there wasn’t any hardware damage to the streaming side of things (due to loss of power).
    Streaming hiRez through Q immediately changed the “bit rate display“ on my DAC, whereas that never happened with Tidal
    erniejade wrote: »
    So whats the verdict?
    Too soon to tell. I just signed up yesterday
    I hope the pricing of their new tiered structure stays the same after the new yr.
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Have you found many bands missing that you want?
    Personally, I Stream to find new acts I’ve never heard of before. But yesterday, I did download Stairway and Songs for the Groovy Children . . . love me some Jimi
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    Wrong thread. At least I’m in the ballpark🤣
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • erniejade
    All good. I also use it to find nee or different music.