Magnify Max SR Surround Speakers create error while syncing

I have a Polk Magnifi Max SR. I have updated the soundbar with the latest firmware (I guess so, because I connected it with a LAN cable), but now when I'm trying to connect the surround speakers, the sound's switching off in a couple of seconds and then nothing works anymore. The lights on the soundbar blinks (first one light, then two, three, and so on). The only solution is to remove the powercord of the soundbar and wait for around 5 minutes. Then when I restart the soundbar, the soundbar and the subwoofer work fine. The surround speakers still don't connect. Everytime I connect the surround speakers, the same error happens.

Am I the only one in the world?

Comments

• LeeSoFL
    LeeSoFL Posts: 118
    Haven't heard of that problem in the two years I've had the SR. Are you on version 115? There's an email for Ken Carter at Polk, or call him directly.
  • WBOS
    WBOS Posts: 6
    Hmmm, I see he said farewell on this forum. So this means he doesn't work there anymore, I guess...? I will check if the software version is on 115 and will try again to sync the surrounds. Or else I will cry myself to sleep in the corner of my living room :-(
  • LeeSoFL
    I think it's Ken Swauger that is no longer fielding issues for Polk. Ken Carter can be reached at 800 377 7655 ext 4887.
  • WBOS
    edited December 2019
    Are you sure? When I see this thread, I think it's mr. Carter's message. https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188652/farewell

I live outside the US (The Netherlands), so I think calling is not an option, but the Polk-support in our country is not the best. That's why I tried it in this forum.
  • LeeSoFL
    edited December 2019
    New news I didn't know about. sorry.

Try this:
    Alex.Lemaire@soundunited.com
  • Press and hold the sync button on the back of the sound bar until it dings

Then press and hold the sync button on the back of the sub until the light on the back of the sub starts blinking faster

When it pairs (in a few seconds) it makes another ding noise.

Press and hold sync button on back of one of the surround speaker until light blinks quickly. The light should go solid in a few seconds

Do the same on the other surround speaker and you should hear a ding.

Everything should be paired and lights on back of devices should be solid green
  • WBOS
    Well I tried all of the above last night, but nothing helped. Firmware version is 115 (even after a reset, 15 seconds on the back-button, the version was still 115).

When I turn on the soundbar and sync the subwoofer, everything is fine. When I sync one surround speaker, everything is still fine. When I sync the last surround speaker, I hear te sound and after 3 seconds all the sounds stop! Nothing works anymore (until I unplug the powercord of the soundbar). No matter in what order I sync the surround speakers.

I tried it the other way: turn on the soundbar, sync both surround speaker, everything works fine. I was happy, until I synced the subwoofer: again all the sounds off. :'(

It seems like I cannot sync all three devices at the same time. Frustrating :'(

• Try syncing JUST the subwoofer. Don’t forgot after syncing the sub to press the sync button on the back of the bar to finish and lock it in. This will put it back into a configuration where it completely forgets that it ever has surrounds paired.

Then press and hold sync button to sync all 3 (sub and 2 surrounds) again.

I had a similar issue where the sub wouldn’t stay paired but the surrounds would and this is how I fixed it... worth a shot.
  • WBOS
    Thanks for the tip, but I tried that several times before. Even just only the surrounds, or only the subwoofer. It seems like it's the combination of these three speakers. As if three is one too many... :(
    I called the supplier / store, and they will try to repair it (or when they can't, they replace the items). This means I have to unplug (and unscrew) all speakers, and live without it for about two weeks. Just watching TV with the speakers in my TV.

Thanks for all the help, people! Love this community already! B) I'll keep you posted.
  • Well I tried all of the above last night, but nothing helped. Firmware version is 115 (even after a reset, 15 seconds on the back-button, the version was still 115).

When I turn on the soundbar and sync the subwoofer, everything is fine. When I sync one surround speaker, everything is still fine. When I sync the last surround speaker, I hear te sound and after 3 seconds all the sounds stop! Nothing works anymore (until I unplug the powercord of the soundbar). No matter in what order I sync the surround speakers.

I tried it the other way: turn on the soundbar, sync both surround speaker, everything works fine. I was happy, until I synced the subwoofer: again all the sounds off.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Call or email Polk, they do not monitor this section.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk