Preorder Cybertruck for $100 down

2»

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    bhsqw8h89snm.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Supposedly gourd boy put a down payment on one.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    52sgf2qnvvgw.jpg

Woulda been more funny if it said new Tesla minivan, lol
  • If I were in the market for an EV, my first choice would be the Rivian truck.

mceeqwxq50tq.jpg
    All tube designed Hello Kitty boom box
    Invisible aluminum wireless Phazer speaker wire
    Free Spirit Teleport Preamp (Literally brings the artists into your living room)
    1.44 JW Flux Capacitor Mono Amps
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited November 2019
    so... something like 200,000 people put down $100 a pop for this new EV "truck".
    I.e., and as mentioned, almost in passing, on NPR's Marketplace last week -- Elon Musk, via Tesla, got himself a twenty million dollar, interest free loan.
    Yeah, he's innovative, all right.
    :)

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    so... something like 200,000 people put down $100 a pop for this new EV "truck".
    I.e., and as mentioned, almost in passing, on NPR's Marketplace last week -- Elon Musk, via Tesla, got himself a twenty million dollar, interest free loan.
    More corporate welfare

• mhardy6647
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    More corporate welfare

Well... I don't know if that's what I'd consider it, but I do wonder if the folks who loaned Musk/Tesla a hundred bucks realized that is what they were doing? A hundred bucks in Tesla's pocket for a chance to buy something that... well... may or may not ever exist. And you get your hundred back, but sans interest, of course.

Wonder when Musk'll be sellin' shares in a certain well-known bridge in New York?

:|
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited November 2019
    My bad. I mis read your post....thinking it was an actual loan from Uncle Sam, but I agree. While I actually like the cars and some of what he is trying to do, I wonder how much he's in it for the long term. And he is a bit shaky as far as CEOs go.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Preston Tucker did the same thing and they forced him out of business...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2019
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Actually no. He was acquitted at trial, but died of lung cancer complications, his reputation mostly restored. He did try to start another auto company in Brazil however, and that project never got beyond perhaps a clay model or two before his health started to decline.

He died in Michigan in 1956
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    He was indeed acquitted, but I don't think at the time his reputation was viewed as 'restored' -- I do think that's the modern interpretation, though.

I think Musk is cut from similar cloth as Tucker (FWIW), and I don't expect things to end well for Musk, when all is said and done, even though he may well be the fulcrum that gets personal & mass transportation away from fossil fuels and to electricity.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • soupbone
    soupbone Posts: 104
    F1nut wrote: »
    So, I got to thinking about the look of that "fruck" because it reminded me of something I'd seen before. Then it hit me, I drew it when I was 6 or 7.

cowdnd5ghup7.jpg
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited October 2020
    F1nut wrote: »
    All that and they stick a bose system in it. Pass
    Great car audio is such a challenge today. Yes, there are some, what seem like on paper, cool audio systems being put in cars today. Most are expensive options that may or may not sound as good as a comparable aftermarket system.

Acura - Krell
    Audi - Bang & Olufsen
    Bentley - Naim
    BMW - Bowers & Wilkins
    Cadillac - Bose
    Chrysler - Beats By Dre Audio, Alpine
    Dodge - Harman Kardon
    Ford - Sony
    Genesis - Lexicon
    Infinity - Bose
    Jaguar - Bowers & Wilkins
    Lexus - Mark Levinson
    Lincoln - Revel
    Mercedes - Burmester
    Mini - Harmon Kardon
    Mitsubishi - Rockford-Fosgate
    Porsche - Burmester
    Range Rover - Meridian
    Volvo- Bowers & Wilkins

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/sonic-booms-putting-8-of-the-best-car-audio-systems-to-the-test/
    https://carbuzz.com/features/best-in-car-audio-systems-from-the-factory
    https://thenewswheel.com/the-best-audio-systems-in-cars/

However, I know first hand from some OEM auto engineers that worked with and Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion, Panasonic, etc., that many of these these branded systems are put together with parts from the lowest bidder.

So, lets say the Bose system in the Hummer is a $1500-$3000 option and one chooses to go with the base system. If they want to add in an after market system, what the heck are they going to do with this dash?
    2020-hummer-ev-reveal-gallerypreview4-MY23-BT1-HUMMER%20SUT_A2A-Drv-001-gallery-v1-0.jpg?imwidth=960

In many cases the head unit in car audio can make a difference. So either a guy stashes an aftermarket head unit somewhere or uses the OEM unit mated with an aftermarket DSP processor, amps, speakers, and subs.

As far as the expensive hummer with a Bose system...it only makes sense to go with an American company for audio in the iconic American vehicle. IMO, it looks cooler than the Tesla...that SO reminded me of something from the video game Mindcraft the first time I saw it.

2020-hummer-ev-reveal-infinityroof-013-GMC-Hummer-BT1XX-FN-RoofOFF-v1-1.jpg?imwidth=1200
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Car audio systems are more about quantity sales and co-branding as they are about actual sound quality. Sure, it might sound better than the base sound system, but it certain wouldn't sound as good as an aftermarket system where someone was really trying their best.

In the case of the Hummer, how good does a sound system really need to be in a vehicle with a removable roof and 35 inch all terrains? Nothing is going to sound amazing in that environment, but doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. All you really need is decent volume and some bass impact for it to be fun. Any audio company can do that for a fairly low price.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs