My brother is screwed now because he smokes the weed?

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    There’s a big difference in partaking vs living your life high
    I used to be that breakfast, lunch, and dinner guy...it doesn’t get you anywhere and limits life choices
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    verb wrote: »
    @Dabutcher how's it going? Couple of days since you posted, worried about ya brother!

Same here...things went on a socio-political rant and your brother has gotten lost in the process. Hope he can find a light at the end of this tunnel.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I'm 60+ and never met a person who was sun-up to sun-down looking to get high from herb. But many who AFTER work liked to smoke a SMALL bit AND maybe have a beer or two and that's it for the night for them. ;)

Now I knew 2 guys who were sun-up to sun-down looking to have alcohol in them. One could work around you all day and you wouldn't know he had vodka in him but the other, he would go on binges for 2 weeks at a time with his vodka. This second guy was awesome when he was straight. He could go 6 months straight but that urge was always there he said. He killed himself when he was about 26 with a pistol. SAD.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    edited May 2019
    My twos cents: Pot should be decriminalized on a STATE government level nation wide. Going to jail for a couple joints needs to stop. Save the cells for real criminals. On the other hand Pot should not be decriminalized federally (I mean come on they run a lot of the country and military). So with that said if you want that federal job, then you don't smoke. On the subject of jobs: Companies and business owners have every right to enforce a drug/testing policy's So again if there's a job out there that you want but they test for drugs, then don't do them!

More to the OP, okay the patient got tested but the question we aren't asking (because it isn't any of my business) is: was the patient tested out of suspicion for any number of abuses? In this case mostly likely not. So the scrip should not have been discontinued IMO.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • Tony M
    edited May 2019
    Another side post.

I was told facilities test to see IF the patient is taking the meds prescribed. If they test 0 for their hydro script... :s ...they're selling them or their kids or somebody else gets them after the script is filled probably.

I was tested early on 10 years ago by the pain management facility ( which that place didn't do too often ) and I'm then waiting for the doc to come into the exam room. I hear this young girl saying to another..."He tested positive! He tested positive!" The older woman said "relax...he's supposed to be taking that drug." Then they got quiet. :D
    The things I could tell about concerning my experiences with the medical world and rules and crap.

DON'T EVER TELL A CDL driver's license renewal Doctor that you SNORE! NEVER!!!

They grounded me right then and there UNTIL I got another Doctor to give me clearance from having that lack of sleep s**t they came up with 15 years ago because long haul drivers were falling asleep at the wheel. I was a local driver for god's sake. BS!
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Latest news from my brother is he has to wait three more weeks before he can get the meds he needs to get through the day. We live five hours apart so I do not see him to see how he looks right now? I am still recovering from my total knee revision surgery. Another month before I go back to work because of the physical work I do I cannot back sooner like if I had a desk job. My knee is coming along great. My brother wants me to get a script from my Doctor for my OxyContin and mail it to him, but that ain’t happening. He is just going to have to suffer through these next three weeks .
    Thanks for all the love and support.
    Love yours,
    D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Tony M
    Tell him to try BIOFREEZE roll-on!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I lost track of the comments. Did he get any relief from smoking pot? If so why not just stay with that. Better than being addicted to an opioid.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Latest news from my brother is he has to wait three more weeks before he can get the meds he needs to get through the day. We live five hours apart so I do not see him to see how he looks right now? I am still recovering from my total knee revision surgery. Another month before I go back to work because of the physical work I do I cannot back sooner like if I had a desk job. My knee is coming along great. My brother wants me to get a script from my Doctor for my OxyContin and mail it to him, but that ain’t happening. He is just going to have to suffer through these next three weeks .
    Thanks for all the love and support.
    Love yours,
    D

When I had my hip replacement, my orthopedic told me to take 2x 500mg Tylenol and 3x 500mg ibuprofen together, up to every 6 hours. Worked like a charm, and I never used the prescription pain meds when I left the hospital. I still use that combo today when I tweek something.

Maybe worth a try...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• BlueFox
    That’s what I did for knee surgery. I did have pain meds to take twice a day, but I doubled the morning dosage, and was ‘happy’ all day. That was good for a couple of weeks. I can see how people get hooked on these things.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited May 2019
    daddyjt wrote: »
    When I had my hip replacement, my orthopedic told me to take 2x 500mg Tylenol and 3x 500mg ibuprofen together, up to every 6 hours. Worked like a charm, and I never used the prescription pain meds when I left the hospital. I still use that combo today when I tweek something.

Maybe worth a try...

My PharmD wife says that liver damage could occur using a dosage like that. If you do it, I would not do it for long, and eat a BIG meal first or you can also get a stomach bleed due to irritation from the Ibuprofen.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt wrote: »

Maybe worth a try...

My PharmD wife says that liver damage could occur using a dosage like that. If you do it, I would not do it for long, and eat a BIG meal first or you can also get a stomach bleed from irritation from the Ibuprofen.

Well chit, that sucks...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Kratom
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • lunazul
    lunazul Posts: 780
    Tony M wrote: »

Isn't BioFreeze just basically Icy Hot? I think Icy Hot has a higher concentration of menthol, the active ingredient. Capsaicin is also supposed to have pain relieving qualities.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited May 2019
    lunazul wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    Isn't BioFreeze just basically Icy Hot?

Yes but Icy-Hot doesn't have the little smoking hot, half naked fairies that massage you in that "special" place. I LOVE BIOFREEZE!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I lost track of the comments. Did he get any relief from smoking pot? If so why not just stay with that. Better than being addicted to an opioid.

Agree. I hope your bro gets the relief he needs. He's lucky to have a brother like you that wants to help. Is there a Go Fund Me started for him? I'd pitch in for his "medical" treatments....

https://youtu.be/HSC9cgvtkRs
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Maybe the better question is....if your on pain meds, be it prescription or medical MJ, what are you doing to correct the problem to begin with that's causing the pain in the first place ?

All your really doing is masking the pain, but the underlying problem is still there. Maybe seek out a good doc who is more inclined to do the detective work and try and cure the problem to begin with. Chances are, much of the problems can find solutions, if one is willing to make those changes.

Obviously I realize some problems can't be cured and pain management is a real thing so one can function and live as much of a normal life as possible.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    One of my best friends back is all screwed up. His neck was a sneeze away from being totally gone. In the last few years he's had at least 4 surgery's and is on daily Oxy with others. Takes like 4 pills at a time 3 to 4 times a day. Sucks because sometimes he is so high on the meds he can't do his job. In the last few months he has been getting better. he smokes a bit and doesn't take as much of the meds which does him good. Smoking a bit also helps him eat some food. I was talking to him today at work. He said he smoked 2 joints over the weekend and only took the pain meds in the morning and before bed.

I asked if he is worried about the doctor making him do a drug test. He said no, he will just go to Mexico for meds. He currently gets some of his meds already down there at a cheaper cost.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • daddyjt
    So you’re hocking FAKE PlSS? Really?

We’ve entered a whole new realm of spam....

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    So high... both eyes were in the same socket...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    So high both eyes were in the third socket
  • daddyjt wrote: »
    So you’re hocking FAKE PlSS? Really?

We’ve entered a whole new realm of spam....

Hey man fake pee is a life saver sometimes :wink:

This was an interesting read though, lots of differing opinions. Some from those with experience and others with minimal. If this wasn't a dead thread I'd have put my two cents in. Not that it matters much.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Whiz quiz LMAO :D:D:D
    Troy you ardent wordsmith
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • BlueFox
    Nightfall wrote: »
    There's a difference between being high all day every day and smoking a little at night when your day is over from time to time. Don't drive high, don't go to work high, etc. Alcohol is far more dangerous. If you're concerned about lung issues use edibles.
    Plus it's the ultimate upgrade for your stereo. Nothing will make it sound better for the couple of dollars it costs. >:)

That’s the truth. I only have a hit or two when I am listening to music on Friday and Saturday night. Unfortunately, I haven’t had any since October. However, I am getting better and stronger so I should resume in a week or two. I hope. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.