I have a bone to pick with Popeyes

marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,862
edited November 2019 in The Clubhouse
tried the Popeyes chicken sandwich for the first time, while it did taste good go take a look on you tube of the comparisons before they ran out of chicken.
the chicken was a lot thicker and extended well outside the bun.

what I got was thinner than chick-fil-a and well inside the buns as I threw some of the bun away not wanting to eat just bread.

corporate greed ?
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156
Post edited by marvda1 on

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    marvda1 wrote: »
    I have a beef to pick with Popeyes

I have a chicken to pick with Arby's.
  • marvda1
    they all do that but the you tube videos were of people buying the sandwich from popeye stores.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    notice, they didn't reduce the price when they reduced the size.
    Puritan PSM156
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Where's the beef?
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I love me some popeyes regular fried chicken.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz wrote: »
    I love me some popeyes regular spicy fried chicken.

Fixed it for ya. ;)>:)

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited November 2019
    The chicken legs at popeyes looks like the wing drummette of the wing at most other restaurants.
  • marvda1
    I think the church's fried chicken cut should be the industry standard.
    Puritan PSM156
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    We like Popeye's. The other day the drive through line was extended onto the main street. What? Never had the chicken sandwich though. Maybe we'll give it a try.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Arby's and diarrhea seem to go hand in hand, or some other bad analogy.
    Why hasn't someone cracked the code for a healthy drive through restaurant yet? Chick fil a has some effective "wholesome, good food" marketing working for them, but its still trash IMO.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    edited November 2019
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Arby's and diarrhea seem to go hand in hand, or some other bad analogy.
    Why hasn't someone cracked the code for a healthy drive through restaurant yet? Chick fil a has some effective "wholesome, good food" marketing working for them, but its still trash IMO.

Well. There are some companies capitalizing on this. Such as Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods.

All plant based meat/seafood alternatives. That taste just like... yeah. Meat or seafood. I guess everyone left the tofu type meat alternative to this science based plants that taste like cow or fish thing. Lol

Cheers. I don’t normally do fast food but when I do, I go for the one that really effs me up. Taco Bell. Not saying it is really bad. I do enjoy the authentic tacos. Haha

halen
  • bbeacham
    bbeacham Posts: 141
    When I moved from Maryland to California in 1976 I never had Mexican food. After my first trip to Taco Bell I thought I was in heaven. :)

• afterburnt
    When I move to CA in 74 I saw a kid eating a burrito and I thought he was eating a mostly used roll of toilet paper.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    Come out pretty much the same as going in
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt wrote: »
    When I move to CA in 74 I saw a kid eating a burrito and I thought he was eating a mostly used roll of toilet paper.

To be clear it looked like a roll with just a few feet of paper left on it not the used part. that would be a wet burrito.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    myself I still find Popeyes & feel it is better then Churches chicken or KFC ..my local KFC is a greasy nasty mess of chicken I every ate :(
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I had Arby's brisket sandwich last Sunday. It was no where close to resembling the picture from their ad. :/kpljadjzj1tr.jpg

Damned sure got that right. Where's the Beef?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    "Rick, could I have my breakfast, please?"
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Thanks @mantis, now I need to watch Falling Down again.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Did y'all know that the actual Colonel Sanders shot a guy....in a dispute over chickens or something.
  • afterburnt
    he once shot a man for snoring too
  • kharp1
    edited November 2019
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Did y'all know that the actual Colonel Sanders shot a guy....in a dispute over chickens or something.

He shot a man in self defense. Him and a colleague were shot at, the colleague was killed. Col Sanders picked up the dead colleagues gun and returned fire hitting, but not killing, the assailant. I use to work in the KFC home office and answered directly to his personal assistant of many years and was able to pick up several interesting stories about the Col. I did meet Colonel Sanders when I was younger, several years before I started working for KFC.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Awesome. We should start a "Did you know" thread,

No kidding.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I'm more interested in learning how Ronald McDonald caught The Hamburglar trying to steal 3 quarter pounders from Mayor McCheese.
  • kharp1
    And the whole thing about who shot the deputy? I realize it was easier to hang both shootings on one guy, but, I believe he was being truthful when he owned up to shooting the sheriff, therefore, I think we need to listen when he swears he didn't shoot the deputy. Doesn't anybody care that there is a killer out there that got off scot-free?