Farewell

13»

Comments

• F1nut wrote: »
    Because you just joined and seem to be pushing a certain website. If I'm wrong, sorry.

Sir, No apology necessary, your just looking out for the forum members. I’ve read a lot of your post, your post are insightful. I Specially like the XO mod you did with the RTI’s. Which by the way the work you did on those XO’s is above my pay grade.
  • @F1nut, Sir I see now, I went back and looked at my first post on “What are you Listening to. I shouldn’t have put the (.com thing. ) Sorry about that, you made a very valid point.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Ok, I see I was definitely wrong.

Welcome to Club Polk, nice to have you here. B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    It was just bad timing. The forum has been hit with waves of spammers lately posting about different websites, or posting links to websites. He was looking out for the best interests of the forum, since we are short a moderator right now.

Welcome to the forum.
  • Muchieman
    Muchieman Posts: 204
    edited November 2019
    Hermitism wrote: »
    It was just bad timing. The forum has been hit with waves of spammers lately posting about different websites, or posting links to websites. He was looking out for the best interests of the forum, since we are short a moderator right now.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Guys!! I totally agree. I just put my setup together it’s very modest say the least. Just moved to a apartment this past September and it’s small. It’s still a work in progress, I’m very Impressed with the performance of my RTi-a5’s. I have F1nut to thank, I read up on a lot of his post on the RTI line plus done my own research.
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,000
    Good luck, Ken. I hardly knew ye (literally).
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    I'm still not convinced Muchieman isn't a spammer. He could just be playing the long spam.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    But he posted a picture of his feet to prove that he's genuine!
  • lolo..Fellow members, Ok so yeah my photos are real. No I’m Not A SPAMMER!! I have been using Polk Audio speakers all the way back to the mid 80’s. I do understand the Concerns. I left a forum for the very same reasons that forum was full of spammers, salesman, site owners, Dealers. I haven’t posted up any links’s or have I pushed or knocked any gear. It’s very easy to spot spammers, they’ll start out with a post saying they need help than post up what gear they have or what they are Interested in and post up a bunch of links, (click bait) My 1st post is my thoughts on my new RTi-a5’s. I have been coming on this forum to research the RTi line.
  • Hermitism
    They're just yanking your chain! That means you're one of us now. You have to get the Polkie tattoo that Jessie designed.
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    But he posted a picture of his feet to prove that he's genuine!

Thanks for recognizing my feet in that photo lol. I’ll be 62 next year. I have two Sons both have very nice systems. I have spoken with Ken many times, if I remember right he Ken sent me out a tweeter that blew from overdriving my M70 II’s. When it came in the tweeter was for a M70 deferent color. Called Ken back he had given me his phone ext straight to him. Ken sent me out another tweeter just to match even though nothing was wrong with the tweeter. Ken has been outstanding for Polk Audio, he did a look see on all the Polk gear I had ordered from Polk and the list is very long. Now it’s been about two year since I last spoke with Ken, dude takes a lot of calls.
  • Muchieman
    Muchieman Posts: 204
    edited November 2019
    They're just yanking your chain! That means you're one of us now. You have to get the Polkie tattoo that Jessie designed.

Thanks! Yeah F1nut “Jessie” gives some of the best advice on gear that I have come across. When I found his post on his XO work on the RTi line was like finding gold man. Dude has a Ton of really good reads! Again thanks Hermitism!! I just put this setup together this past October, moved to a small Apt I came very close to picking up a pair of LSiM-705’s with price they are going for now. But that would be like putting a Ferrari in the garage not being able to test drive it fast.
  • Hermitism
    We also had another moderator named Ken, so you may have dealt with both.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/profile/KennethSwauger
  • Hermitism wrote: »
    We also had another moderator named Ken, so you may have dealt with both.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/profile/KennethSwauger

Just a note, Polk had sent me a T-shirt back around 2012 for posting up a photo of my setup on their FB page. My oldest Son Snatched it from me. How many post do I have to have for the Polkie Tattoo from Jessie?
  • Hermitism
    Depends if you want Jessie to do the tattooing himself.
  • @DSkip, thanks for the heads up!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Please, it's Jesse.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    Please, it's Jesse.

Duly noted!!
  • Hermitism
    It's my tablet, it keeps changing it. Spell check isn't supposed to change names.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Depends if you want Jessie to do the tattooing himself.

I always knew it.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    It's my tablet, it keeps changing it. Spell check isn't supposed to change names.

I think it may have changed genders on you, there... you might wanna keep an eye on that tablet.

https://youtu.be/qYkbTyHXwbs

... or maybe not.

B)
  • Hermitism
    edited November 2019
    Well, according to my ten year old Toshiba Thrive, he's misspelling his own name. Darn auto correct, I'm sure there is a way to turn that feature off somewhere. I'm not used to my words being changed. This is the one and only tablet I own. I'm one of the few that never could get used to using one. About once a year I'll get it out, thinking that I can convince myself of it's appeal. I swear that thing is possessed, it's a rooted Thrive with a demon-like OS.

Back on topic. Farewell Mr. Carter.