Any aquarium owners?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Yes. Some soft of Hygro but was the “Top Fin” packaged one so who knows
    The other taller one is Anachris and the carpet is Monte Carlo.

yes I knew the Anachris its a very simple plant to grow and does well. I personally only had it one time and moved on from it. The "Monte Carlo" should do good it is very adept at carpeting the bottom. Be careful as you know it can also trap a ton of waste under it as well.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    All from lake Tanganyika u30m7cuf6006.jpeg
    jjtrrxstfyis.jpeg
    68l6y1b7c0bi.jpeg
    yoggjotju455.jpeg
    3bk5ukus6d9i.jpeg
    xebum83esub9.jpeg
    yiddnrawkx5n.jpeg
    wlkzvojyygdy.jpeg
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Very nice. Love the in wall
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Very cool B)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jdjohn
    u26ep7zd6kdb.jpeg
    As you probably know, Joe, neons prefer soft, acidic water. Maybe your CO2 injection will get it there. They're kind of hard to keep because of this reason, so many times you'll see 'no refunds' on the neon tanks in stores.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • joecoulson
    Even harder are the Cardinal Tetras (of which these are). I’m running 7.0 now because the store had them at 7.4
    They will slowly go acidic. But don’t want to shock them. They are new to the tank.
  • pitdogg2
    They never seen acidic water bet those are farm raised and not wild caught. What they need like Discus is stable water conditions. Most even wild caught Discus will be just fine in a ph of 7 or higher. Mine thrived in a ph of 8.4 and laid eggs 2 to 3 times a month. Now hatching out eggs in that can be tricky but it can be done. The eggs will have a better hatch and survival rate at a ph of 7 or lower. In my experience only Heckel Discus from wild waters of a ph of low 5's could be trouble but many many importers will slowly raise the ph to 7 while they are in quarantine and being dewormed. it's too hard to sell wild discus with a pH that low because most pet stores or other wholesalers cannot keep fish in that low of a pH. even the German bread runny nose and Cardinal tetras are all raised in at least a neutral pH of 7 and The farms in Florida are mostly in the upper 7.6 to 8.0 ph.
  • I had one. Now all my fishes are dead. RIP
  • I have an empty 250g tank. It was set up as a reef tank but I had to take it down so I could finish off my basement areas. Now that project is done and the tank is going to be filled again soon. I can't wait.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited November 2019
    scubalab wrote: »
    Finished my daughter's loft bed this week and got Winnie (her beardie) moved into her new space. Here's a couple pics

bj9vvg53bwid.jpeg
    ugpxqbdfzbzv.jpeg
    gi6aqf1gifua.jpeg
    dlcwu4xiun4t.jpeg
    tdhz3kfhdzye.jpeg

Wow nice job it looks like Winnie has some awesome digs, that Beardie has it made. Littlefoot would love a set up like that. Glad I got to revisit this thread. I had a tank full of neon Tetrra's long ago looks like everyone has nice aquariums.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    w3sd6srrzx0s.jpg
    fcppv7f2w1yi.jpg
    q9lwrud78qti.jpg

I really miss running some tanks. Now that I live in FL and near many great saltwater fish supply companies I feel I just dont have the time. I can go to my local beach and get great live sand. Just a 2.5 hour drive to Tampa I could get a great deal on live rock from Tampa Bay Salt water supply. https://tbsaltwater.com/

I have a great spot that I'd like to set up a 125 gallon tank in front of 20 foot wide and 8 ft tall sliding glass doors. Would make for easy water changes.

• Nofngool
    Nofngool Posts: 1
    edited November 2019
    ow, that are nice aquariums, however, I had a situation when bobbit worms had eaten my fish... I know, that this is terrible creature, but I have even thought, that it can be so huge (2 foot) OMG. I think, it would be better to kill it and don't give to anybody. Of course, it's your business, but I ask you to read the article about this creature - bobbit worm before you or your dad will give it to somebody. Maybe you will understand, that this worm is very harmful and you are the luck ones, that he hasn't managed to bring you harm or worse to kill all your fish. Additional, I recommend changing the aquarium, because he can be not alone. Hope all will be OK.
    Post edited by Nofngool on
  • jdjohn
    Amazing progress, Joe! I see the bamboo didn't make it, but I like that long grass front and center.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    I really miss my aquariums.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    this is getting my interest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7uB53PTb64
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • joecoulson
    Hmm, I would be worried about some of the connections on that unit.
  • marvda1
    edited January 2020
    Hmm, I would be worried about some of the connections on that unit.

I noticed after he connected them there is a screw connecter like on the hoses to keep them tight. the controller can be hung higher.

here's the follow up review.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef2TBEYi06A
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • joecoulson
    I think its a great value, I just would want higher quality seals (like that ring which WILL break)
    Love the Ehiems I have owned/own.
  • pitdogg2
    Sun Sun while very economical IME is not long lasting. I've got Marineland Magnums that are 30yrs old and work 100% I have also had a rena XP3 from the moment that came out never and problems. Both will need impellers replaces over time but that is an expendable part.
  • joecoulson
    Same with my 15 year old 2217 Eheim classic - new impeller and its silent and just like new
  • marvda1
    PetSmart and Petco better watch out or they will be out of business.
    was in Petco today and saw a cascade 1000 cannister filter for $140, had received an email from amazon today for the next model up, the 1200 for $72. they are going to learn the hard way.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    at petsmart today they had African cichlids in with angels. i told the attendant they were asking for trouble, already one dead angel fish but don't know if death was natural or death by cichlid. :)
    Puritan PSM156
  • jdjohn
    Updated pic

pw2vzkj0bktq.jpeg
    I see more plants coming in. Do you ever get green spot algae? I have to scrape my glass every few weeks. Green spot is the tough stuff that doesn't wipe off.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    awesome stuff people!!!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • marvda1
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Updated pic

pw2vzkj0bktq.jpeg
    I see more plants coming in. Do you ever get green spot algae? I have to scrape my glass every few weeks. Green spot is the tough stuff that doesn't wipe off.

do you have a pleco in your tank?
    Puritan PSM156
  • jdjohn
    marvda1 wrote: »
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Updated pic

pw2vzkj0bktq.jpeg

do you have a pleco in your tank?
    I have a farlowella, but it (and plecos) only eat the softer brown algae.