Lost a good one today

2»

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Sorry for your loss, thank you for sharing that with us. So nice that you all could be there with him at the end.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Very nice tribute to your father. It paints a great picture of your father as a man as well as an admirable relationship between father and son. His last moments are touching and though sorry for your loss, I am happy your family got those final moments.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Condolences but I am happy to hear you were there for him as a complete family. Couldn't ask for more.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Sorry for your loss. Fantastic that your dad could be such a positive influence.
  • Sorry for your loss.
    All tube designed Hello Kitty boom box
    Invisible aluminum wireless Phazer speaker wire
    Free Spirit Teleport Preamp (Literally brings the artists into your living room)
    1.44 JW Flux Capacitor Mono Amps
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Thanks again to everyone for your kind words. We're down at my folks' house this weekend, moving my mom into assisted living - she has dementia.

AV gear in every nook and cranny.
    7ubtildvdfir.jpg
    b6ik1qsspm8f.jpg
    8t8krzsxy1nh.jpg
    js72261x8xmm.jpg
    o9kub239a8xm.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Was he and @Tony M close friends?
    :)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    So sorry for you loss.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • My condolences goes out to you and your family.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Big Wooden Plinths!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    msg wrote: »
    Big Wooden Plinths!

Watch your language.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Viking64 wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    Big Wooden Plinths!
    Watch your language.
    At least I didn't post the picture.
    I disabled signatures.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Ha! :D Truth is: most of them are veneer on pressboard, and in at least one case: wood-simulated vinyl veneer on pressboard.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited November 2020
    His passion for audio stuff mirrors mine for sure. I had 14 Turntables years ago. ;)

I found a pair of audio acoustics in a ditch many years ago. 12" clear woofers.
    Of course I brought them home. I think I JUST threw their woofers away a month ago. Maybe not... :p

I'm sure he had hours upon hours of excitement after bringing each and every piece home and listening to their sound. I sure have enjoyed every found, bought or had given to me pieces of audio stuff ( and cassette tapes too <3 ) over the years. <3

Thanks for still sharing many of his life's pleasures with us. o:)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Your dad was special, my dad was special too, R.I.P.
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    That's awesome! Your Dad saved all that stuff just for you!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Yes, you’re a lucky guy.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited November 2020
    Geez so sorry man.
    Glad he passed away with his family nearby. That's how I'd want to go too.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Very sorry for your loss, prayers from our family to yours
  • Our "Dads" are very special.

God Bless you Jody and your memories of your Dad.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA