Attention: Those that were affected with user name changes

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    collector wrote: »
    TONY M was lost...

Is that you Tony? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Nothing new to report today.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    The system forced me to change my password, but all went well.

WTF

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • verb wrote: »
    collector wrote: »
    TONY M was lost...

Is that you Tony? :smile:

Yes it is. :)
    I tried for days and my PC was acting up too. But my PC clicked with Polk Forum and they let me start a new account. Same email though so I probably can't go back with TONY M or Polk might say email account already accounted for.

Oh well.
    It is nice to see the likes and LOLs again under posts.
    Also, when I looked at the forum as a guest, I'd have to start at the beginning of a thread. As collector, clicking on a thread takes me to the end post before new ones were added since the last time I read stuff on that thread.

It's all good. B):)
  • F1nut
    edited November 2019
    Sigh, unfortunately nothing new to report today either.

The problem right now is Vanilla is waiting on access permission from Polk to proceed with fixing the user name/password mess.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bbeacham
    bbeacham Posts: 141
    Sounds like the current issue isn’t technical, but bureaucracy.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Just an FYI, if it helps......I got back in last night because I checked my email. It apparently took Polk/Vanilla 3 or 4 days to email me my password change. Up until then, l could not log back in no matter what I tried. FWIW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bbeacham
    Unfortunately, the email address I originally used when I registered no longer exists. Polk will have to directly contact me via a PM.
  • Machone is lost and I have been trying to reset my password for days. Gave up and created a new account.
    Help.........
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    machone767 wrote: »
    Machone is lost and I have been trying to reset my password for days. Gave up and created a new account.
    Help.........

Just don’t go trying to sell your stuff in the FM until you get 100 posts, :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Machone is lost and I have been trying to reset my password for days. Gave up and created a new account.
    Help.........

you missed it buddy you should have came back with Machone429.... just sayin..
  • 62caddy
    62caddy Posts: 137
    Forced to change password but nothing else.
    Main:
    McIntosh: MC 2155, MC 2125(x2), MR 80, C 32, MQ 101; Snell J7; Polk: RTiA7, RTiA9;
    Pioneer PL-518; A/T 440 MLa; Yamaha CD
    Vintage:
    McIntosh: MX110Z, MC 2505, MC 240, Thorens TD 145; Shure V15III; Altec 14, Boston T1000; Yamaha CDX 393 CD; Yamaha Cass
  • 62caddy wrote: »
    Forced to change password but nothing else.

I would love to change my password if they would send me an email.......... :#
  • machone767
    machone767 Posts: 7
    edited November 2019
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Help.........

you missed it buddy you should have came back with Machone429.... just sayin..

Carp, I went with the "speed of sound" instead....767.....get it? >:)
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Jessie.

TonyB is having the issue. He informed me that his account could not be found. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

halen
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I thought he was finally placed in Witness protection after the Epstein hit...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Nothing major, but, when I'm on a desktop I have to sign n every time even though the "keep me signed in" box is checked. Not major, just a minor nuisance.
  • bbeacham
    Y
    F1nut wrote: »
    Sigh, unfortunately nothing new to report today either.

The problem right now is Vanilla is waiting on access permission from Polk to proceed with fixing the user name/password mess.

Hi Jesse, any status update, or are we still in same status waiting for Vanilla. Thanks.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Keep checking the original email you had when you first signed up. The email from Polk to reset my password took 3 or 4 days to show up. Why? I do not know. As soon as I saw it hit, I entered a new password and I was back in.

Something is screwy here....just keep trying or have patience. Trust me, I do know that it is very frustrating. Good luck.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bbeacham
    The problem is the email account I used to join no longer exists. Somebody at Polk/Vanilla has to manually fix this issue.
  • F1nut
    There has been progress, so hang in there a little longer.

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    It's all Toms fault
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3 wrote: »
    Keep checking the original email you had when you first signed up. The email from Polk to reset my password took 3 or 4 days to show up. Why? I do not know. As soon as I saw it hit, I entered a new password and I was back in.

Something is screwy here....just keep trying or have patience. Trust me, I do know that it is very frustrating. Good luck.

Tom

I'm still using the same old email under which I first singed up, and I still do not have any email from Polk about this problem. :(
    AKA "Moose68Bash" before Vanilla involuntarily decommissioned my original handle.
  • I'm also using my old email when I first signed up.

My problem is it's not recognizing my old username, I can get a password reset just fine which says it's for a new user name (venture ZR1) instead of oldrocker.

I have no idea where the new name came from or how it was assigned to my account???

• pitdogg2
    ventureZR1 wrote: »
    I'm also using my old email when I first signed up.

My problem is it's not recognizing my old username, I can get a password reset just fine which says it's for a new user name (venture ZR1) instead of oldrocker.

I have no idea where the new name came from or how it was assigned to my account???

Vanilla decided your old name SUCKED !! :D
  • Mystery solved.....
  • arnituos
    arnituos Posts: 8
    edited November 2019
    Mine came back like a bad rash.
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2019
    arnituos wrote: »
    Mine came back like a bad rash.

Spam rash