Farewell

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    F1nut wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Best of luck in whatever you do.

Here's an idea, maybe ask the powers that be to give "temporary" mod status to a few
    of the people that expressed interest in doing it?

Here we go again.

Really? Just can't help yourself can you. Why are you so afraid of some members having moderator privileges?

On a couple of the pipe smoking forums I am on, there are members that are the mods. I think it works fine.

That said, Thank you Ken for helping keep the forum together. Good luck in your future, sir.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    headrott wrote: »

Here's an idea, maybe ask the powers that be to give "temporary" mod status to a few

Here we go again.

Really? Just can't help yourself can you. Why are you so afraid of some members having moderator privileges?

On a couple of the pipe smoking forums I am on, there are members that are the mods. I think it works fine.

That said, Thank you Ken for helping keep the forum together. Good luck in your future, sir.

Pipe smoking ehhhh?
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Thanks and Good Luck Ken.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Well it wouldn’t be a real forum post without it getting off topic. You guys are the best! Sorry I can’t be of assistance anymore. And unfortunately I won’t be in contact with anyone at SU about the moderation.
    When you come back as a “private citizen”, you can tell everyone what you really think! 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • polrbehr wrote: »

Now that Ken is moving on, we need some of the guidance and leadership provided by some of the senior members here. This is an excellent suggestion, at least until things get back to normal. You got my vote.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Best of luck Ken!

My vote for temp moderators are F1, K_M, and that Viking fella...
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Good luck to you in your next venture, whatever that may be Ken. "Sound United" seems to be losing all their well experienced people...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Well Ken this news is bittersweet. Sweet of course because you are moving on to bigger and better things, all my best wishes for you.

A bit of a bitter sting for me, and others, because you have been such a valuable asset to CP and the portal into the labyrinth of Sound United. You personally interceded for me when I was having issues with a subwoofer, went above and beyond, IMO, the call of duty. Thank you!

For that, and just being there if I had issues or questions, you will be sorely missed by me. Others too I might add.

Take care, all the best, and the greatest of fortunes for you! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Thanks and best of luck Ken!

Now can we please get a new guy whose name is NOT Ken?!? Is that too much to ask???
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Now can we please get a new guy whose name is NOT Ken?!?

Polk Audio's Canadian customer service department has 17 people and they are all named "Gord". :o
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Best of luck in the future Ken!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited November 2019
    Viking64 wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Now can we please get a new guy whose name is NOT Ken?!?

Polk Audio's Canadian customer service department has 17 people and they are all named "Gord". :o

Oh good “Gord”, that’s not real....
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627

Here we go again.

Exactly! If anyone should be afraid, I would think it would be YOU!
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Best of luck Ken!

My vote for temp moderators are F1, K_M, and that Viking fella...

I have moderated a forum. A Thankless job if there ever was one, and way too much work and time spent on petty disputes.

You end up either ignoring the bickering to avoid spending hours cleaning up threads, or you get heavy handed and wipe whole threads or ban people.

Either choice results in forum members mad at you and spending tons of time sorting through their explanations and excuses.

But quite funny....I liked it :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    K_M wrote: »

Here we go again.

Trolling again I see. What drugs are you on?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    K_M wrote: »

Here we go again.

I see this latest patch by Vanilla must have disabled the Ignore feature too....
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    it sure hasn't kept the spam out either.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited November 2019
    LMAO - between K_M and her meds and la2vegas being on d0uche autopilot, why wouldn't Ken want to brave the forum? Good times

Good luck Ken, and yes we want to see the system please!
  • Kex
    edited November 2019
    It’s hopeless... 🤦‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • joecoulson wrote: »
    LMAO - between K_M and her meds and la2vegas being on d0uche autopilot, why wouldn't Ken want to brave the forum? Good times

Good luck Ken, and yes we want to see the system please!

Sometimes a holes are just a holes, tone it down joe.
  • Kex
    Is there even a remote chance of maintaining a modicum of dignity in a thread intended to wave Mr. Ken Carter off with a fond farewell?
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Live long and prosper, Ken.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Kex wrote: »
    Is there even a remote chance of maintaining a modicum of dignity in a thread intended to wave Mr. Ken Carter off with a fond farewell?

Your mom goes to college.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Kex wrote: »

Your mom goes to college.

Thanks Kip
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Best comedy ever.
  • Best of luck Ken, thanks for all of phone conversations.
  • F1nut
    ^ Failed spam ^

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    ^ Failed spam ^

Don’t know why you would post this. I have Spoken with Ken many times on the phone. I have been a Polk Audio speaker owner for many years. I just Recently purchased a pair of RTi A5’s from Amazon. Plus I just opened up this account this morning. I’ve owned the LSi line at one time the whole line. Ken has helped me with Warranty with blown tweeters on M70’s. So why are you posting that my post are spam?
  • F1nut
    Because you just joined and seem to be pushing a certain website. If I'm wrong, sorry.

President of Club Polk