Disney Plus?

Options
2»

Comments

• recoveryone
    Options
    Anyone else only getting Stereo or is this just during the free trail period?
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,036
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'm getting Dolby Digital Plus in the free trial.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    kids are enjoying so far
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    I heard on the radio this morning that thousands of Disney+ accounts were hacked hours after it's launch, and the info is up on some hacker site somewhere.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I heard on the radio this morning that thousands of Disney+ accounts were hacked hours after it's launch, and the info is up on some hacker site somewhere.
    If true I think those affected just won themselves a few years of free Disney+ lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    Options
    It is true... many articles in the press about it.

From ZDNet
    Alea jacta est!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Great.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Let me know when they play " Song of the South"
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Hopefully nobody here is part of this hack wherein they used the same password for Disney as they do for any other of their accounts.

• tophatjohnny
    Options
    I'm getting Dolby Digital Plus in the free trial.

I'm not sure or even how to check. I know it sounds great like it is. ????
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2019
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Let me know when they play " Song of the South"

Yeah, that ones not coming back anytime soon lol......

However, for some of hte other classics (Peter Pan, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, Aristocrats) they are trying to cover their bases with this line
    .....it may contain outdated cultural depictions.

Also learned something today. Apparently WB added this disclaimer to Tom & Jerry episodes
    The cartoons you are about to see are products of their time,” the WB disclaimer reads. “They may depict some of the ethnic and racial prejudices that were commonplace in American society. These depictions were wrong then and are wrong today. While the following does not represent the Warner Bros. view of today’s society, these cartoons are being presented as they were originally created, because to do otherwise would be the same as claiming these prejudices never existed.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Anyone else only getting Stereo or is this just during the free trail period?
    Only on The Mandalorian
    The other content and movies are DD+

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    And to further clarify, the receiver is showing all channels active, but the sub and surrounds aren’t doing what they should during the playback.
    The movies sound fantastic.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Not sure what people are talking about when it comes to sound on the channel. Nothing in settings or anywhere else I can see but it sounds awfully good to me........wait..that's probably because my rig sounds good😂😂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I got it watched Mandalorian and loved that but find myself not wanting to watch anything else. I own everything I would want to watch.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    I've been falling asleep to The Simpsons every night. I wish they'd offer a 4:3 aspect ratio though it looks stupid with part of the screen chopped off then stretched to 16:9.

• EndersShadow
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I've been falling asleep to The Simpsons every night. I wish they'd offer a 4:3 aspect ratio though it looks stupid with part of the screen chopped off then stretched to 16:9.

The option for 4:3 is coming soon
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Not sure what people are talking about when it comes to sound on the channel. Nothing in settings or anywhere else I can see but it sounds awfully good to me........wait..that's probably because my rig sounds good😂😂

Sound is what makes you feel apart of what is happening on the screen, over the years I have developed a keen ear for surround effects and while watching the Mandalorian I notice something was missing. I watched it on 2 different systems in my home and the results were the same, so not only depending on the display on my AVR. This is not a deal breaker as I brought the package for my grandkids and they could care less about surround sound.

Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • tophatjohnny
    Options

Sound is what makes you feel apart of what is happening on the screen, over the years I have developed a keen ear for surround effects and while watching the Mandalorian I notice something was missing. I watched it on 2 different systems in my home and the results were the same, so not only depending on the display on my AVR. This is not a deal breaker as I brought the package for my grandkids and they could care less about surround sound.

Oh the surround on my living room rig is amazing with Disney. I. Just don't see where it is listed as an option??