Disney Plus?

Just launched and sorry if it was covered. Anyone here on board yet? Just because we have a couple little girls in the house I'm probably gonna give it a whirl.
Say you??
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited November 2019
    Yup we got it and so far it’s been good.

My aystem can’t appreciate the 4K or Atmos content but the Star Wars stuff I’ve heard is awesome!

They also have National Geographic which I will be diving into soon.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • I signed up, mainly for the grandkids, but I watched the new Star Wars series and it looks promising.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    So I am guessing it is an app that I can download on my Samsung TV so the kids can easily access? We don't have cable at all. Right now, just Netflix but I am thinking of giving the free 7 day trial a go.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited November 2019
    Yes, got it mainly for Simpsons. You get it for $6 if you have Hulu. So both for like $12 or whatever it is.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2019
    Willow wrote: »
    So I am guessing it is an app that I can download on my Samsung TV so the kids can easily access? We don't have cable at all. Right now, just Netflix but I am thinking of giving the free 7 day trial a go.

Yes. On Roku it was a "channel", on my Xbox One and iPhone X/iPad it was a "app". Haven't tried to get it on the Amazon Fire tablets yet.

Also dont have a "smart tv", but I'd be very surprised if Disney+ wasn't available on just about EVERY platform (doesn't make smart business sense to limit your market in this instance)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Willow
    I read that Samsung TVs from 2016 onward will support it. Not sure when we bought ours. I will look tonight when I get home to see if the app is there. If not I have an android box and a chromecast I can use. I just want it to be easy for the kids to access it not some 5 step method that will require "papa...can you help" every time they want to watch.
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited November 2019
    I'm using it through Amazon Fire TV (app down load).
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Wife & I will talk about it tomorrow and for sure at least check out the free trial offer. Already have commercial free Hulu so not sure how this works or if it even does with that plan?
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Yes, got it mainly for Simpsons. You get it for $6 if you have Hulu. So both for like $12 or whatever it is.
    I'm trying not to add another streaming platform, but the Disney+ bundles are tempting.

FYI for anyone considering, I got an ad today for a bundle that includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99. Disney+ alone doesn't tempt me, but that bundle is pretty solid. I wouldn't be surprised if they do an ABC+ bundle at some point down the line too.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Nightfall wrote: »
    I'm trying not to add another streaming platform, but the Disney+ bundles are tempting.

FYI for anyone considering, I got an ad today for a bundle that includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99. Disney+ alone doesn't tempt me, but that bundle is pretty solid. I wouldn't be surprised if they do an ABC+ bundle at some point down the line too.

For those (like us) that enjoy Hulu commercial free, Disney does not offer that.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

For those (like us) that enjoy Hulu commercial free, Disney does not offer that.

You can still get the bundle, you just sign up with your hulu email and link the two accounts. Disney gives you a $6 credit a month towards whatever your current hulu plan is...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59 wrote: »

You can still get the bundle, you just sign up with your hulu email and link the two accounts. Disney gives you a $6 credit a month towards whatever your current hulu plan is...

I clicked on free trial so I hope that didn't mess the deal up any and little one is engaged in Frozen right now so stuck like Chuck😃
  • EndersShadow
    Lol.... it’s no longer free trial.

Once frozen has been seen, it cannot be taken away without tears and gnashing of teeth lol
  • Willow
    Kids are watching it now. My tv is 2015 so much no app. I'm going through my Android box for now. I'll probably hook up chrome cast over the weekend and see.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    DSkip wrote: »
    I guess this is why Disney titles have been disappearing from Netflix.

Netflix also suddenly announced final seasons of their original Marvel shows once the news broke. Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and The Defenders I believe were all cut shorter than originally planned. Netflix still owns the titles/shows, but they cut future development.

It will be interesting to see if Disney buys/licenses those shows at some point to host the complete Marvel Universe.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Nightfall
    Netflix is lucky they have Andy Griffith Show and Twilight Zone. Otherwise I'd cancel and then just sign back up one or two months a year to watch whatever new stuff they have going on then cancel again.

• Nightfall
    h4yaeq404ey31.jpg

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Nope. Other than The Mandalorian, not interested. Kids are too old (my 13 year old daughter’s favorite right now is John Wick!), and just more $$ going out every month that we don’t need to spend.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• I signed up back in early October when the offers were discounted for buying year long packages. I ended up buying it for $170 for 3 years. That breaks down to $4.72 a month. With kids that are 4 and 6 currently that made sense for us - especially with the inclusion of National Geographic.

We are out of the country right now, but as soon as we get back I'll get it all hooked up and see how things look. I'm looking forward to a lot of the content being in 4k from the get go. Bravo to Disney for not charging more for such features like Netflix does.
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    we get it for free on Verizon.. hope to dig into it a little this weekend. Did watch a few of the old Mickey Mouse Shorts.. really hoping they add a lot of the old Goofy Shorts especially the sports/athletic ones.. always enjoyed those.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Yessir!
    EP 2 of the mandalorian up today!!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Do they have all the episodes of The Wonderful World Of Disney? ;)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited November 2019
    coolsax wrote: »
    we get it for free on Verizon.. hope to dig into it a little this weekend. Did watch a few of the old Mickey Mouse Shorts.. really hoping they add a lot of the old Goofy Shorts especially the sports/athletic ones.. always enjoyed those.

I believe I own a pair or two of Goofy Shorts.
    B)
  • I currently have hulu but signed up for the Disney + bundle. $12.99 for ad-filled hulu, espn + and Disney +. That works for me and is actually a savings. Now Netflix is getting pricey for how much I don't watch it.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Willow
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

B)

I think Joey has you beat with a closet full
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Willow wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

B)

I think Joey has you beat with a closet full

good point.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    edited November 2019
    We watched "The Finest Hours" last night and although I've seen it before, so much about it I forgot & this service is top notch picture and sound wise. Made for great family viewing. The bundle takes 6 dollars off on our commercial free Hulu too. We elected the annual plan for an even better savings.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Yup we got it and so far it’s been good.

My aystem can’t appreciate the 4K or Atmos content but the Star Wars stuff I’ve heard is awesome!

They also have National Geographic which I will be diving into soon.
    I think it's time to get on that my friend. You are absolutely missing out now.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    We have both Hulu and ESPN Plus so getting Disney in the bundle for $12.99 for all 3 is a no brainer.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Dumbo 2019..what a hoot. We're loving it.