L800 SDA at Listen Up tomorrow evening..

Options
2»

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    Spoken like a true Troll...

You need friends, or drugs..

You haven’t even heard these yet, and those who have are fanboys?? GTFOH with your weak attempt to stir the pot..
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    K_M wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    ummm do you really expect Stu say the vintage SDAs are better than the brand new product his is standing in fromt of trying help sell?

No, because it is very doubtful the vintage ones are better.

It would be admitting nothing can be improved, no matter how much time and money and were spent on the new Models.

That seems very unrealistic, and not representative of what I see in speaker design over the last few decades.
    Newer ≠ Better
    Spoken like a true SDA Fanboy....

I forgot speaker design and driver technology were at their apex in 1990 and went downhill afterwards....Shhhhh!

I've stayed out of these bickering threads popping up lately because they're ridiculously annoying and negative, and a complete waste of time and energy. Sad thing is I ignore the entire thread which probably started of with some good information.

I'm choosing to comment on this one.
    It's completely uncalled for and blatant insult, and I'm drawing attention to it as the mark of the beginning of what will likely become another thread of bickering. The conversation was fine up to this point. Jfc, get a life. This BS is beyond old.
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Comment from an attendee at the NY Audio Show.
    Polk Audio / Marantz room - another WOW! Polk were showcasing those new top of the line speakers with cross-talk cancelling technology array on top, driven by a full Marantz stack. Amazing power, detail, and clarity, with no audible distortion even at loud SPL. Color me impressed. Polk people advice pretty close placement: 6 to 8 feet apart, depending on the room, and no toe-in - they need to face the room straight, the array is angled to mimic toe-in, so any additional toe-in done by you will actually ruin the main effect of the speakers, i.e. cross-talk elimination.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    edited November 2019
    Options
    ummm do you really expect Stu say the vintage SDAs are better than the brand new product his is standing in fromt of trying help sell?

It would be admitting nothing can be improved, no matter how much time and money and were spent on the new Models.

That seems very unrealistic, and not representative of what I see in speaker design over the last few decades.

This coming from someone who has no idea what is in your SDA speaker cabinets (as you stated recently). Why dont you ask the guy you got them from & while your at it please sit back & just STFU cause all you do is trool
    Randy/Maine
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »

This coming from someone who has no idea what is in your SDA speaker cabinets (as you stated recently). Why dont you ask the guy you got them from & while your at it please sit back & just STFU cause all you do is trool
    I apologize I ment to say STHU. There. I feel better
    Randy/Maine
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    58iz1blf7ed3.jpeg

They look different then the ones @DSkip had this weekend. The top of skips had some kind of cutout.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    58iz1blf7ed3.jpeg

They look different then the ones @DSkip had this weekend. The top of skips had some kind of cutout.

They all do Brian. It's for the atmos add on. Take the plate off drop in and hook up a driver and tweeter. It's also what the extra binding post on the back are for.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Haaaaa got ya on his pic, I didn't realize there was a plate on it. I don't see the cutout for it.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.