Dayens Menuetto

If you've been on the forum very long, you've heard those of us who've heard them rave about the bang-for-buck performance of the Dayens products. While I would have and should have been perfectly happy and content to keep the Menuetto, I upgraded to the Ecstasy III. I switched the Menuetto and Ecstasy in and out of my system several times before finally deciding to bite the bullet and move up to the Ecstasy.

I've heard this unit on Usher 6311, Usher Mini X, Usher MD2, Polk 703, and Rosso Elba and it sounds great on all of them. It's a particular good match with the 703 and I'd have to imagine the entire LSiM line.

I'm looking for $725 to your door CONUS. It will be packaged in it's original box and then double boxed. No remote, but a universal should work (though I never used one).
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• Excellent amp at a great price.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    +1 on the LSIM 703. I remember sitting in Skips kitchen, chatting with Assimilated when music flowed out of the 703s, hooked up to the Dayens. We all went silent and said, wow!

I also enjoyed it on the Elac bookies I had. Great amp from an awesome guy.

halen
  • PSOVLSK wrote: »
    If you've been on the forum very long, you've heard those of us who've heard them rave about the bang-for-buck performance of the Dayens products. While I would have and should have been perfectly happy and content to keep the Menuetto, I upgraded to the Ecstasy III. I switched the Menuetto and Ecstasy in and out of my system several times before finally deciding to bite the bullet and move up to the Ecstasy.

I've heard this unit on Usher 6311, Usher Mini X, Usher MD2, Polk 703, and Rosso Elba and it sounds great on all of them. It's a particular good match with the 703 and I'd have to imagine the entire LSiM line.

I'm looking for $725 to your door CONUS. It will be packaged in it's original box and then double boxed. No remote, but a universal should work (though I never used one).

Universal remote does work with the Menuetto.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    You guys with 703's will be hard pressed to find better sound than this will give you.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    @DSkip , how much would a replacement matching remote cost?
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited June 2017
    Hey Skip, I assume this would be a good match to the S60's? Also from what I read in the past this is more toward the warm side? My old ears cannot handle even the slightest hint of brightness anymore.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I am really happy with my Dayens gear. I am just breaking mine in and I really love it. it certainly made my main system into a HT/Background music system only. Dayens and Usher have really spoiled my ears. If I did not have so many irons in the fire, I would definitely buy this for later use.
  • PSOVLSK
    Bump
  • PSOVLSK
    Really surprised this is still here. Not listed anywhere else and frankly, it probably won't be any time soon.
  • PSOVLSK
    $700 to your door.

I'll never say never, but it's very unlikely I'll go lower than this.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Hey Paul, is this the integrated?
  • PSOVLSK
    Yes.

For those unfamiliar with it, here you go:

http://www.dayens.rs/eng_menuetto.html

• PSOVLSK
    It's been a month, I guess a good ol' bump is in order.
  • PSOVLSK
    I know I haven't been pushing this hard, but I'm still a little surprised it's still here. This is a super little unit at a really good price.
  • PSOVLSK
    Bump
  • PSOVLSK
    I've upgraded my speaker cable, so I'll be listing a fantastic pair of Doug's cables as soon as I take the time to figure out exactly which cables they are. That being said, I'll throw them in free to whoever buys this awesome little integrated.
  • PSOVLSK
    Doug's cables are sold without ever being listed.

Eventually someone is going to buy this and realize what a great deal they got. If this wasn't such a great piece the price would have already dropped. Anyone who's looking to upgrade your two-channel scene don't know what you're missing. I "upgraded" to the Ecstacy and the improvement is negligible.

I feel confident in saying that you will not find a better integrated for $700.
  • PSOVLSK
    If I’m going to buy the Cambridge from Skip this will have to go. I’m sure I’ll regret it one of these days because I love this thing, but it’s really being wasted in my current setup.

This unit sat unused and boxed up in a closet for almost a year from the time I bought the Ecstacy until I moved and once again had a place to use it.

Currently in my living room driving some Pioneer bookies that are placed on a shelf above the TV in an enclave-type setup. Terrible, but it is what it is. I say all of this because it’s the only reason I’m selling now. If I had even a decent setup I wouldn’t let it go, but as it is I may as we’ll downgrade to what will still be a unit that is miles better than the rest of the setup.

The bad news: when I took this out of the box after it had been in the closet there was a bad paint chip on the side of the unit. Probably about the size of a quarter. As I said, it’s on the side so not noticeable in most applications. The rest of the unit is in great shape with no other scratches that I’m aware of, but I’ll confirm once I’m able to do so.

$650 local only. Dallas area-ish.

I can bring it to Skip’s on the 9th if that helps anyone. I bet Skip would even let you hook it up to some pretty decent speakers and see what it’s capable of😁

If it’s still here after Nov. 9th I’ll offer shipping.

It’s probable that I will not be back on the forum until Saturday evening or possibly even Sunday afternoon, so don’t think I’m ignoring you if you reach out to me and you don’t hear back from me.

Please post interest in this thread before pm-ing,

Thanks!
  • Interested after nov 9 haha. Doubt it will make it til then. GLWS
  • PSOVLSK
    CottageChz wrote: »
    Interested after nov 9 haha. Doubt it will make it til then. GLWS

sent you a pm.
  • PSOVLSK
    jy9m11tfoivp.jpeg

Pic of the paint chip. No idea how it happened and there are no others marks. As you can see from the pic, it’s on the side and close to the back.

• PSOVLSK
    Surprised at the lack of interest, especially given how much has been written about how well this pairs with the 703. Add to that the great deals on the 703 and it seems like a no-brainer, but maybe that’s only because I’ve heard the combo.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Fwiw, I've had chassis tops stepped and powder coated for fifty bucks at a shop
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • PSOVLSK
    Bump for a great little integrated.

$650 and I’ll pay up to $25 shipping
  • PM sent
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • PSOVLSK
    This can be delivered to Skip’s on Saturday. We can see how it sounds driving speakers that are way out of its league.
  • Can you bring it to Skip's House tomorrow I would like to listen to it and possibly make you an offer if I like it.

Thanks,
    Tony
  • Are you bringing it to Skip's 🏠 tomorrow just want to know.
  • PSOVLSK
    Yes. I’m bringing it.