PSVANE 12AU7 tubes

Hi Polks...

I would like to buy 4 12AU7 tubes for my pre-ampilifer. Can anyone recommend a seller besides buying directly from Psvane?

TIA

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Does Grant Fidelity count as direct?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited November 2019
    Brent Jesse and many more out there.
    Why 2 threads on the same thing or are you wanting to buy psvane tubes from other sellers?
    Have you thought about new old stock? I'm sure there's a ton out there that probably will sound better than the psvane in all likelihood.
  • acmf74
    acmf74 Posts: 936
    I have Psvane tubes already in my CDP which I really enjoy. I would like another quad set for my pre. I wanted to buy them from a polk member if they were for sale. If not wanted a few sources recommended by the forum.

I currently have 4 RCA clear tops and 4 black plates. I want to try out the Psvanes and compare.

Thanks for the recommendation

• I happened to see your post, I got that you want to buy 4 12AU7 tubes for your pre-amplifier. I think there are many online shops for you to choose from, the most famous electronic components online shop is Mouser, the Digikey. But to be honest, the famous shops mean their product price is also expensive. For me, I think Jotrin Electronics Limited is ok, I bought some electronic components from this shop last month, their price and quality of the products are good. They can offer all kinds of electronic components, I think you can go there website to visit and meanwhile visit more other online shops and then choose the best one for you.
  • I happened to see your post, I got that you want to buy 4 12AU7 tubes for your pre-amplifier. I think there are many online shops for you to choose from, the most famous electronic components online shop is Mouser, the Digikey. But to be honest, the famous shops mean their product price is also expensive. For me, I think Jotrin Electronics Limited is ok, I bought some electronic components from this shop last month, their price and quality of the products are good. They can offer all kinds of electronic components, I think you can go there website to visit and meanwhile visit more other online shops and then choose the best one for you.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited November 2019
    Why Psvane? Maybe for newer tubes, they are "maybe"?? better than other newer tubes? I would still take even RCA clear top 12AU7's (which are still fairly easy to get) over Psvane 12AU7's. That's just my opinion (but based upon some relaively extended experience). I would look to older 12AU7 tubes (like Holland Bugle Boy, RCA Clear top, etc.) over Psvane. But it's your money, sir.

EDIT: Just saw that you have 4 RCA clear tops and 3 black plates. Trust me, they are better than any newer production tube. If you want to go much better quality, try some long plate Bugle Boy, Holland made tubes (branded with multiple brands) or some Valvo long plate 45 degree halo getter 12AU7's. The 12AX7's are probalably better, but the 12AU7's are very good. trust me, the RCA clear tops are better than Psvane tubes, but there are other older tubes that will blow away the RCA clear tops and RCA black plates. Do some research here: http://www.tubemaze.info/
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Spam both

Worse yet... stereo Spam (ironically enough).
    At least we're not gettin' the multi-channel Spam -- yet. It may be comin'.
    Or maybe SDA (Spam Dimensional Array) -- yes -- surround Spam.

The mind boggles.

B)