Possible power outage for next two days

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    He seemed to be getting pretty annoyed with the Cali bashing.

We can switch to Pennsylvania ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    He seemed to be getting pretty annoyed with the Cali bashing.

Nah, Bud's a big boy, he can handle it. Most likely he's busy with trying to figure out a plan in case any fires get too close. He has some expensive gear, be a shame to just walk away from it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Sometimes all that's left is shaming people into a common sense thought process. I'd be damned if I'd pay the Cali premium to live in that 3rd world state.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    We get it, Steve. Give it a rest.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    That was completely uncalled for.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • licmarcos
    Options
    I read the news story regarding the blackouts, and BlueFox I thought you were in Seattle.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Tell me where I'm wrong. You folks pay ALOT of money to live there, this is no secret. You'd think the services that you pay a premium for, would at least be dependable. The reason Cali is a mess, is because people like you "just don't want to talk about it." Is that your solution? Look the other way and pretend everything will work itself out? It should be evident by now that most of that tax revenue ends up lining politicians pockets instead of being used responsibly towards infrastructure and maintenance.

Maybe YOUR problem with the truth is a contributing factor?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Kindly let me know where I don't want to talk about it, or where my "problem with the truth" is in this post/exchange:

8bce7canudt1.png
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Where's Bud?

I have been in the hospital since last Wednesday (a week ago). It appears the know it alls (who know nothing) have taken over the thread, so there is nothing to say.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hey @BlueFox!

Nice to hear from a fellow ignoramus ;)
    Alea jacta est!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Glad you're okay Bud.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Where's Bud?

I have been in the hospital since last Wednesday (a week ago). It appears the know it alls (who know nothing) have taken over the thread, so there is nothing to say.

Good to hear from you, grumpy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,455
    Options
    Hope your doing ok. lb58kbpuvkyw.jpg
    Randy/Maine
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Where's Bud?

In keeping with your 7 dwarfs theme he sure isn't Happy.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I read the news story regarding the blackouts, and BlueFox I thought you were in Seattle.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options

Seattle is in Canada. Nothing to with us in America
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Seattle is actually in New Canada. Wyoming is now in Canada though. They changed the name of Devil's Tower to "Maple Tree Stump".

e3nyrc20uc2j.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options

Did we trade it for some colourful beads or somethin'?

@bluefox, hope you're on the mend!

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

No, better....

They promised to take back Bieber and also Nickleback (who aren't Canadian, but we wanted to stop being associated with them anyway)....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    This thread does provide a valuable service.
    It keeps me from cruising the "for sale" part of the forum and
    buying any more amps.
    Bluefox, I hope you're ok after your hospital visit.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options

No, better....

They promised to take back Bieber and also Nickleback (who aren't Canadian, but we wanted to stop being associated with them anyway)....

Uhhhh.....Nickelback was formed in Hanna, Alberta, Canada.

All members both present and past are Canadians by birth.

Justin Drew Bieber was born in London, Ontario, Canada.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »

No, better....

Uhhhh.....Nickelback was formed in Hanna, Alberta, Canada.

All members both present and past are Canadians by birth.

Justin Drew Bieber was born in London, Ontario, Canada.

Even better!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    Where's Bud?

In keeping with your 7 dwarfs theme he sure isn't Happy.
    And maybe just a little Dopey.... ok, a LOT Dopey.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    Options
    use guys could use some crappy CLE weather :#
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!