FS: 2 pair of Polk SDA1's

Options
Mr_Hz
Mr_Hz Posts: 176
edited November 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Started my 'love affair' with Polk back in 1985 when I was stationed in (West) Germany, protecting the Euro theatre of operations from the Soviet threat... purchased my 1st pair of Polk SDA1's, along with top notch Yamaha 'Natural Sound' stereo components while stationed at the 'Fulda Gap' with the 11th Armored Cav Regiment (Black Horse, sir!). Those Yamaha pieces are long sold off, but this original pair + a 2nd pair of SDA1's purchased stateside a few years later are now for offer.

Long story short, recently (last 5 years) I've upgraded to SDA1C's, CSR+'s, and 2.3TL's... just been slow to let go of the original speakers that got me started on my Polk Audio SDA obsession. Guess I bonded with those original SDAs (for like 25+ years!) and its been a tad hard to let them go. You can only hold on to so much hi-fi gear, heresy I know! After all these years, and faithful service, it is time to part ways with these 2 pair of speakers.

No upgrades have been done on these original speakers, and they operated just fine last I had them plugged in to my stereo systems. They have been inactive for about 5-6yrs, but stored in my house (not in a garage or outside storage situation).

Open to offers for individual pairs, or all four together. Not hung up on price, just would like to see the two pair go to enthusiast home(s). I'm in Bellevue, WA 98007. Ask questions here, but PM me with offers.

Thanks!

PS: I wasn't Infantry, or Scouts, or Tankers/Amor. I was a Russian linguist, attached to the 511th MI Company, 11th ACR.
2.3TL's - Living Room
CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
Post edited by Mr_Hz on

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Thank you for your service. GLWYS. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Mr_Hz
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”. D

Couldn't help but notice your attached quote! Been divorced for over 20+ years. When first married, my wife had an issue with my SDA1's - too big for her tastes. Years later, after being divorced for 10+ years, something came up as we spoke on an issue (had a child together so we kept in touch) and she happened to inquire if I still had those 'big-a$$ speakers' - I chuckled silently to myself and proudly answered, 'yes!'

2.3TL's - Living Room
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Great anecdotes!

Great service for USA!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,972
    Options
    Per forum rules, you must post a price. It can be OBO.

GLWS!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mr_Hz
    Options
    CORRECTION: These are SDA2's... not sure what I was thinking late last night when I posted this. Too late to make any edits.

$200 a pair OBO.
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • stereo55
    stereo55 Posts: 418
    Options
    Would luv a pair of SDA2' but I live a tad south of you in ....all the way down in Calif
    :neutral: *sobs and cries
    SDA-2B's ~ Pair SDA-CRS's ~ ,*** Main listening: Maggies MG1 ~ Polk SDA 2B's ~ Monitor 10's , 3-pairs (2 pairs moded into SDA's w/SDA-2B/CRS cross-overs) , * DCM TF600's * Mission M71/M72 *** Main brdrm FRT: RTiA-5's /Presence RTi-4 / LSI-704 Cntr / Rear FXI3's ~~~ Assorted Main listening rm : , 2- Heathkit W-5M /tube mono blocks (Parasound P/HP-850)* * 2- Altec Lansing 1590b's/mono blocks (Yamaha C-45) * CM Labs 35D * Dynaco ST-70 ~ Occasionally ~* Yamaha CR-820/A-760 ,* Sansui AU-317/AU-217 * Carver 900 rec *2-Dynaco ST 120* 1 Hafler DH-220* Marantz 1040 ... more
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    Options
    I think posting some pics would help, since there are different variations of 2’s I have seen them miss labeled by sellers in the past...