POLK AUDIO R50 SERIES

So i ordered this baby just yesterday....but I guess what I am confused about is that only one tower is being shipped out.....does the one tower have a "left" and "right" speaker for audio listening or do I need to order another one so I'd have one for a "left" side and one for a "right" side?

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    edited October 2019
    If it is sold as a single speaker, you will need two.

Where did you order it from?
    Alea jacta est!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Yep, they are the same. You just need two!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Kex wrote: »
    If it is sold as a single speaker, you will need two.

Where did you order it from?

newegg.com

• rooftop59 wrote: »

seriously? I can't just have one....I thought that one tower will have both left and right; I think the supplier would've known this and sent me both if it required a left n right
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited October 2019
    rooftop59 wrote: »

seriously? I can't just have one....I thought that one tower will have both left and right; I think the supplier would've known this and sent me both if it required a left n right

From the sound of things, that one tower will have both "right" and "wrong". :o

2qb9gi3ka2wl.jpg
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    If you only have one, there are two main drivers for the low end, and one tweeter (the small one on the top) for the high end, but that’s the same channel. You’d have to use mono sound only, not stereo, or you’d be missing half of the signal. It’s not really the intended usage scenario.

The Newegg Listing (link) does clearly state the price is for a single speaker, and at $60, you can buy two for the previous price of one... IMHO, there aren’t many chances to get that quality of sound for $120. (I’ve paid more for a Bluetooth speaker!)

You could always try to cancel your order if you’re not happy, but I would check Newegg’s refund policy first, though, since the shipping charges on something that heavy might be half the price of the speaker if it’s not covered in the return policy.
    Alea jacta est!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Speakers are frequently shipped as singles. That way you can buy just one for the center channel of a home theater set-up. So, what are you planning to power them with? You do realize these are passive & require a receiver or amplifier as well, right?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    There’s no left or right in the R, TSi or RTi series. The new L is different. Polk does not have an active series.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.