What was the best system you've every had ?

2»

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited October 2019
    You can also request the desktop site on Android. Three dots on the top right of Chrome.

You guys are really confusing me about which thread I'm in. ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Nightfall wrote: »

I'll post my favorite sounding car but my power is about to be shut off. I'm not into cigars but I once had a Porsche with both Tidal and Spotify livery. A Metallica song just popped into my head, so I am going to play it on LP. I am an OPPO 205 owner, so I might buy some 6sn7 tubes for it. My 2.3TLs in the NC area was the best system I have ever had.

To stay on topic, here is a pug in a lion costume:

s2w4vbu1hfdg.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I thought that was an ugly cat....
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »

I'll post my favorite sounding car but my power is about to be shut off. I'm not into cigars but I once had a Porsche with both Tidal and Spotify livery. A Metallica song just popped into my head, so I am going to play it on LP. I am an OPPO 205 owner, so I might buy some 6sn7 tubes for it. My 2.3TLs in the NC area was the best system I have ever had.

To stay on topic, here is a pug in a lion costume:

s2w4vbu1hfdg.jpg

It's the Reader's Digest Condensed Website!
  • Viking64
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Between you and I, there is a perfect balance. :p
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2019

Between you and I... :p

oy vey, my cerebrum's rattlin' around in my brainpan...
  • Viking64

Between you and I... :p

oy vey, my cerebrum's rattlin' around in my brainpan...

Cerebrum, cerebellum....whatever it takes*.

*"Mr. Mom" reference. :p
  • mhardy6647
    Amusingly enough -- I quoted Mr. Mom to my daughter (electronically) just this afternoon.

I've gotta do preschool pick up and drop off for our granddaughter one day next week. :)

https://youtu.be/fKkZhubwt04
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited October 2019
    Kex wrote: »
    @kevhed72

P.S. You can Request Desktop Site in Safari to see the signatures on an iPhone. In iOS 13 (2019), you'll find the option where you see aA in the left side of the URL bar (access to Reader View and other adjustments).

If using Android, you'll have to find out how to get the desktop site on your own ;)
    ya know....I stumbled across that new feature but now know what its for....thanks!
  • BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    Man....

Probably the best sounding rig was the Quad 988’s wHeathkit W5M’s.....although the current rig is right there too.

My favorite rig was probably the first one I put together. Dahlquist DQ10’s, w/ Carver m4.0t amp....various preamps and a AMC CD8b CD player. Not the last word in anything but it planted a seed.

Rigs that I have lusted over were El Grande’s rig and F1’s. Both world class in their own respects.....

Things I have sold and regret.... CJ MV-75, Heathkit tube mono amps, AR9’s and 2.3tl’s

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    This is one of my systems I had in our spare bedroom. Most of all I miss the speakers as I also hooked em to the 50w tube amp & they sounded great. https://youtu.be/QXsJNr7zO8g
    Randy/Maine