Silver IC's

Anyone here have any experience with these? I need a set for my new tube pre.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323549736534
Gustard X26 Pro DAC
Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    China nuff said they counterfeit their own counterfeit products. be very careful. You could get tin plated junk copper, how would you ever know?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Good point
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    edited October 2019
    Well I'm still needing a 1 m long set With male XLR x RCA. My B&K Ref pre has been acting up so I sent it to Goodwill. I guess I could send my silver eclipses back to Wirewold for retermination. That would be cheaper and faster than sending my amps in for rebuild
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    edited October 2019
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Well I'm still needing a 1 m long set With male XLR x RCA. My B&K Ref pre has been acting up so I sent it to Goodwill. I guess I could send my silver eclipses back to Wirewold for retermination. That would be cheaper and faster than sending my amps in for rebuild

Or buy balanced to RCA adapter?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xbalance+to.TRS0&_nkw=balance+to+RCA+adapter
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited October 2019
    The interconnects appear to be shielded but it is not clear which end of the shield is grounded. Every shielded cable needs to have an arrow.

You want to have the shielded end attached to ground on the component side that is doing the output. The other side should not be attached to the shields outer wrap.
  • audioluvr
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »

Or buy balanced to RCA adapter?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xbalance+to.TRS0&_nkw=balance+to+RCA+adapter

Ya, I looked at those but I would need a male XLR to male RCA adapter which they don't make and I'm trying to minimize extra crap in the signal path so...

Gustard X26 Pro DAC