Wanted: Large Bookies - Nearfield

2»

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Purchased that set from Josh year and a half ago at LSAF. One of the surrounds came loose at the glue line, so, I just need to get it back to Austin for Josh to repair or replace. New Alyson's are about 8k. I got these for 4k. Would take $2500.

http://www.jwmacoustics.com/alysonaml

Kerry,

I have tried calling Josh, and have sent an email, I haven't heard back from him yet, I know he will take care of it but will feel better after I talk with him....

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I'd have to have packaging made. When I picked them up at LSAF they were bubble wrapped and I packed them in the explorer and carted them home. That's why I got a $7k pair of speakers for $4k. $2500 reflects the fact that they would have to be repaired. If someone wanted to reach out to Josh he could verify all this and his commitment to repair or replace the driver.

If I have packaging made the price will probably go to at least $3k. They have to have 4 cartons for the set. Stands are as tall, or slightly taller than the speaker. Comes with spikes on stands and speakers. Speakers fit in to saucer type cups on the stands.

I expected shipping would be more, and not cheap, was just wondering if you would be willing to ship, I will reach out to Josh on fixing the bad driver, I met Josh at RMAF a couple years ago or so, super nice guy, and these speakers sounded amazing to my ears, they are also stunning to look at as well, I do wish they were the purple heart wood...

I know, the Purple Heart was stunning! I'll check around and see what I can come up with for shipping. Would like to get it to Josh and fixed first. We've been in contact. I was going to take them to LSAF and drive down to Austin and check out his studio, but, lost my license and that's been a bit of a problem. Now I know how Joe Walsh felt.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    these are the speakers I have and they use the Proprietary RS7 ferrite magnet.

The 703's I mention had a s becasue I have 2 of them :)
    https://omegaloudspeakers.com/collections/monitor-speakers/products/super-7-monitor-speaker?variant=32164679756
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Thanks for the LSiM 703 offer, but not interested in those for this system.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Sometimes Josh can be hard to get hold of. I'll try reaching out to him and see what he says. Maybe have him make arrangements with you himself.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2019
    @Nightfall had a set of Dynaudio Emit M20's available a while back but I don't recall them selling. Amazing set of bookies! 5 stars from What Hi-Fi and many other stellar reviews.

I can also easily recommend the KEF Q150's but I've not personally experienced their larger siblings as the Q150's are not a large set of bookshelf speakers.

A used set of Von Schweikert VR1 bookies would be quite delightful as well, if you can find a set for sale.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    If you are on a budget and want new bookies, the LSiM-703's are the best bang for the buck out there at $449 at Adorama. Just remember to let them break in.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ^^^ I am so tempted to pick up a pair of those at that price! Mrs. H wasn't much help -- she said, If you want them, go ahead. (or words to that effect) :|

So... umm... on topic.
    +1, I guess.

;)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ^^^ I am so tempted to pick up a pair of those at that price! Mrs. H wasn't much help -- she said, If you want them, go ahead. (or words to that effect) :|

So... umm... on topic.
    +1, I guess.

;)

IT'S A TRAP!!!! :D:D:D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

So... umm... on topic.
    +1, I guess.

;)

IT'S A TRAP!!!! :D:D:D

Indeed it is, Doc should know this by now. But... he did convince her to have a peeping tom telescope by the window for....birding purposes, so we are told. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Judging from the (often stunning) photos he posts in the “Any Picture” thread, the chances of anything nekkid strolling past the Hardy residence seem remote... the most voluptuous thing he’s likely to witness is the local farmer, and hopefully he’ll be wearing clothes! :D
    Alea jacta est!