Help. Need to know how to setup my polk audio rtia9 speakers with my receiver

I recently bought a sony str dn1040. Will this receiver work for the rtia9? How do you set it up?

Comments

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,511
    edited October 15
    It will work, yes, but that's way too weak of an AVR for those speakers. 22 pounds, 100 watts with two channels @ 6 ohm so 8 ohm rating is even less.

Don't crank it. Ever.

Red speaker post to red speaker terminal, black to black, L to R with speaker wire. Source (whatever you're hooking up) to input on the AVR with a pair of RCA interconnects.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • ripdiveripdive Posts: 2
    Nightfall wrote: »
    It will work, yes, but that's way too weak of an AVR for those speakers. 22 pounds, 100 watts with two channels @ 6 ohm so 8 ohm rating is even less.

Don't crank it. Ever.

Red speaker post to red speaker terminal, black to black, L to R with speaker wire. Source (whatever you're hooking up) to input on the AVR with a pair of RCA interconnects.

Thanks. What do you recommend to increase power?
  • rpf65rpf65 Posts: 2,075
    There isn’t anything you can do with that AVR to increase power. You would need to replace it with a different that has pre outs.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,966
    ripdive wrote: »
    I recently bought a sony str dn1040. Will this receiver work for the rtia9? How do you set it up?

No!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk