Polk Legend L200 Review from The Audiophiliac (Steve Guttenberg)

"Full sounding speaker...this speaker makes bass.. solid solid bass"

"Very easy speaker to live with. Its not doing anything wrong"

"If you want to listen for pleasure, the L200s are definitely worth considering and definitely worth auditioning"

https://youtu.be/AHo26CFJByQ

(I know this was posted in the L200 demo post but just making a separate post so its easy to find by newbies)

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited October 2019
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    I was going to post this up util I saw it in the Legend review section. Not a bad thing to make these visible.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • natronforever
    natronforever Posts: 31
    edited October 2019
    Looks like his happy hobby turned in to habitual hoarding. Of course, I've never seen a home with enough storage. Reminds me of when I got married, and my wife systematically threw out all my treasures. I have very little left of my former bachelor estate. I'm interested in seeing Steve's listening space.
    Main: Polk Rti-38
    Center: Polk Csi-40
    Rear: Polk Fxi-30
    Sub: SVS PB10-isd
    Receiver: Marantz SR-5007
    Buttkicker Mini Concert x 4
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    habitual hoarding?
    I am shocked. Shocked.

;)

3uq6d7fghuh4.png
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    That's why I put flooring in the garage attic! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • WLDock
    I'm interested in seeing Steve's listening space.
    There was a feature a couple of years ago: https://www.stereophile.com/content/tour-steve-guttenbergs-system

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    You can also regularly see his his space from various positions via different videos on his YouTube channel.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    WLDock wrote: »
    There was a feature a couple of years ago: https://www.stereophile.com/content/tour-steve-guttenbergs-system
    Thanks for the link. I haven't watched the video. I enjoyed reading the comments below it. Kind of like the forum banter here sometimes. I learn bits here and there from reading. Kind of sad how the comments immediately went right after Steve's ownership (or not) of the gear.
  • aprazer402 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. I haven't watched the video. I enjoyed reading the comments below it. Kind of like the forum banter here sometimes. I learn bits here and there from reading. Kind of sad how the comments immediately went right after Steve's ownership (or not) of the gear.

Besides, since when did ownership have to do about who paid for what? Take our entire country for example....

I know it wasn't featured, but how about that headphones tree? Wow.
    Main: Polk Rti-38
    Center: Polk Csi-40
    Rear: Polk Fxi-30
    Sub: SVS PB10-isd
    Receiver: Marantz SR-5007
    Buttkicker Mini Concert x 4
  • WLDock
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Right, the internet always brings negativity. I'm sure every reviewer has a mix of stuff they purchased and stuff they might have gotten for free or discounted. Who really cares? and why?

Anyway, not much of the seating area is shown but its NY. Homes, apts, etc. are small to begin with...then factor in all of his gear and music collection.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Steve’s reference system is Pass Labs. ;)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited October 2019
    This guy looks like he smokes doobies all day long. Open those bloodshot eyes man!

Bud, are you secretly Steve Guttenberg?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk