Anyone messed around with the Mconnect app for Tidal ?

gyosa
gyosa Posts: 675
edited October 2019 in Going Digital
Just found it for IOS ....

Looking at MQA’s website , Mconnect is a “MQA partner”.

It has Tidal and Quobuz built in to it ...
From what I can see , using it last couple days , it it will send MQA files over UPnP to your player at a minimum 24 bit , 48khz/44.1khz ..... better than the native 16 bit , 44.1khz that is native to my players integrated Tidal app - even when playing a MQA file .... my player is not MQA compatible - yet .....

Dunno how many unfolds the app is doing - if any at all - but the bitrate and sampling is definitely higher - and noticeably improved to my ears ....

Anyone ?

Bk
Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM

Comments

• Yes I do this very thing. I think that Mconnect unpacks the MQA file and sends a 24bit PCM version to the network streamer.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    edited October 2019
    Jeremy ,
    I’ve been using the free version ....
    Any functionality differences between it and the paid version ?

What streamer are you using ?
    I just ordered a Cambridge 851n....

The Tidal integration is better than what my streamer has ....
    Do you have any tips for me ?
    Bk
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited October 2019
    The easiest thing is to do search for your music in the tidal app rather than in Mconnect. Add them to a playlist then locate that playlist in Mconnect. Way easier than to search music in Mconnect.

I’m also using the lite version.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant