Harmon Kardon

Options
Geoff4rfc
Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,147
edited October 2019 in Speakers
Has anyone had the chance to hear one of these https://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-Studio-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B073FSM4QR/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=harman+kardon&qid=1569939885&sr=8-8 or even know it existed?

A friend of mine has one where he works and it is amazing!! This thing can fill up a small warehouse with ease.

I do believe my back patio is asking me for one.
Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    does it make popcorn or humidify a room?

Looks interesting for sure.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    does it make popcorn or humidify a room?

Looks interesting for sure.

LOL, that's the same thing I thought when I first saw it....but man, the sound that comes from it, it's not right. I mean you're like, is that all there is? Making that kind of sound???

It's really incredible.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Wow few Bluetooth speakers that expensive get that consistent customer reviews. Interesting for sure.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    I'm telling you man, you look at it and hear it and go, "no way"...."where are you hiding the real speakers.....and where's the sub??" :)

• Geoff4rfc
    Options

• pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,168
    Options
    That one is new to me but I have the HK Onyx Studio 4 and absolutely love it. It is the best wireless Bluetooth speaker I have heard (beats my Polk Camden Square by a lot): great detailed sound and dynamic enough to fill up a pretty large space.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    Options
    Harman Kardon must be the most misspelled brand name in audio history... It’s MAN & DON, not MON & DAN! It would be hard to get Palk Oudio wrong though, or Facol instead of Focal, and what about Baston Oucoustics?! :D

The product is reminiscent of the older Harman Kardon SoundSticks that used to be sold eons ago in Apple stores.

m5i67n03mgdq.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    Harman Kardon must be the most misspelled brand name in audio history... It’s MAN & DON, not MON & DAN!

Lol, at least I got the DON correct.....it's funny, I realized I had misspelled Harman and wondered if anyone would call me out it....

Sir, you are awarded the * Gold * Star * :)

• Kex
    Options
    I will surely treasure this illustrious award until the end of my days! 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • BjornB17
    BjornB17 Posts: 752
    Options
    Ah Harman Kardon, formerly one of my favorite brands, but no longer...
    KEF Q150 | Rythmik F12 | Yamaha Aventage RX-A780
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    Crocodile Dundee might have said...
    That's not a harman/kardon. This is a harman/kardon!

wxiuq69mdmrm.png

Borrowed image; not mine :(
  • Kex
    Options
    BjornB17 wrote: »
    Ah Harman Kardon, formerly one of my favorite brands, but no longer...
    Yeah... I believe that they are part of Samsung now? Seems highly unlikely that they’ll release anything using tubes... whether they insist on using lower case or not...
    Alea jacta est!