New Cambridge CX Series 2

Cambridge is about to release several new versions of the CX line of gear. I haven’t dug into any upgrades yet, but hopefully they make some nice changes given the price increases.
https://cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/products/hi-fi/cx-series-2
Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
Discogs

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    So the CXN V2 is getting a $200 price increase?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited September 2019
    Shouldn't it be called CXN V3? Or are they raising the price for the same product?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Shouldn't it be called CXN V3? Or are they raising the price for the same product?

Tarriffs
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,491
    I’ll be looking forward to what you learn, Skip. I was looking at their current transport and wonder if the upcoming CXC is worth the extra $150.
  • No more black units! Can I jump on a black CXC for the normal price still? I don't need it yet, but I figured my current CD player is bound to die at some point and the CXC seemed like the most logical successor.
    It's disappointing to see the price increases on units that aren't really getting updates, but business is business I guess. Glad I got the CXN when I did.

Also that's an awesome compliment from a manufacturer Skip. Sounds like it was a productive meeting.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,491
    Thanks and congrats on the compliment!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    No black???? Crazy talk!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    All you need is black paint...

Nice job Skip, sounds like a very productive meeting. That's exciting!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer