New Cambridge CX Series 2

Cambridge is about to release several new versions of the CX line of gear. I haven’t dug into any upgrades yet, but hopefully they make some nice changes given the price increases.
https://cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/products/hi-fi/cx-series-2
Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
Discogs

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,126
    So the CXN V2 is getting a $200 price increase?
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,189
    edited September 24
    Shouldn't it be called CXN V3? Or are they raising the price for the same product?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,291
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Shouldn't it be called CXN V3? Or are they raising the price for the same product?

Tarriffs
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,109
    Cambridge is dropping by the house today so I’m sure I’ll get some information.
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 377
    I’ll be looking forward to what you learn, Skip. I was looking at their current transport and wonder if the upcoming CXC is worth the extra $150.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,109
    He just left. From what I've been told, the CXC and CXN V2 aren't really getting any updates more than it is an adjustment. The amplifiers in the line sound like they got some very noticeable improvements, including an upgraded DAC that now does DSD and 32/384.

Black units will be no more - just the grey that is shared with the Edge series.

It was a great meeting as he was blown away by my system stating it was the best he had experienced. It sounds like I'll get a lot more recommendations from Cambridge after this.
  • No more black units! Can I jump on a black CXC for the normal price still? I don't need it yet, but I figured my current CD player is bound to die at some point and the CXC seemed like the most logical successor.
    It's disappointing to see the price increases on units that aren't really getting updates, but business is business I guess. Glad I got the CXN when I did.

Also that's an awesome compliment from a manufacturer Skip. Sounds like it was a productive meeting.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 377
    Thanks and congrats on the compliment!
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,291
    No black???? Crazy talk!
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,848
    All you need is black paint...

Nice job Skip, sounds like a very productive meeting. That's exciting!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch