OFFICIAL POLK L200 DEMO PROGRAM

Comments

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    deronb1 wrote: »
    I agree that "serious" audiophiles won't consider the L600, so why not offer the ready to go ATMOS bundle at the same price, was my point.
    I'm sure all interested would like to see the L600 priced $1000 less a set, the same as the LSiM705's. You know how that goes. Some even thought that the LSiM were overpriced...

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    WLDock wrote: »
    I agree that "serious" audiophiles won't consider the L600, so why not offer the ready to go ATMOS bundle at the same price, was my point.
    I'm sure all interested would like to see the L600 priced $1000 less a set, the same as the LSiM705's. You know how that goes. Some even thought that the LSiM were overpriced...

Dont lower the price, just add the ATMOS. They are already wired for it.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited September 2019
    Adding in the module for the same price WOULD be lowering the price by $599 :) $1699.50 Each with Atmos Enabled or $1400 each without. Is essentially how it comes out. That would be $200 cheaper per set than the LSiM705.

The bean counters have spoken. We'll have to see how it goes with this line.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • deronb1
    WLDock wrote: »
    Adding in the module for the same price WOULD be lowering the price by $599 :) $1699.50 Each with Atmos Enabled or $1400 each without. Is essentially how it comes out. That would be $200 cheaper per set than the LSiM705.

The bean counters have spoken. We'll have to see how it goes with this line.

Wat!? No! The price remains the same fully ATMOS enabled! Wats the price again?...lol
  • deronb1
    $,1999 ea, fiully ATMOS enabled.
  • deronb1 wrote: »

So, normal retail for a 707 but you get Atmos speakers too. Sounds fair.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• deronb1

So, normal retail for a 707 but you get Atmos speakers too. Sounds fair.

Exactally! Might delay the abysmal and inevitable price dump that seems to be happening with their flagship speakers.
  • Of course were at me I would buck over the extra $2k and get the L800s. Probably better than Atmos.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• deronb1
    Of course were at me I would buck over the extra $2k and get the L800s. Probably better than Atmos.

Well, yes for those financially capable and appreciative of the technology.
  • A man can dream....
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Be nice if I can get them before Ryan/Russ do. That way I don't have to worry about them rubbing their nasties all over 'em. :D

Of course whoever gets them after me may find a distinct smell of ravioli and garlic, but lets be honest, which would you prefer ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb wrote: »
    Be nice if I can get them before Ryan/Russ do. That way I don't have to worry about them rubbing their nasties all over 'em. :D

Of course whoever gets them after me may find a distinct smell of ravioli and garlic, but lets be honest, which would you prefer ?

Well don’t know about Brock @heiney9 but I’m sure Brian @erniejade wont mind.... and I won’t judge either if you since I’m a few down lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    edited September 2019
    Guys, I need to make some changes to the group lists. I messed up thinking the groups were an even split, they weren't and with a few new members joining Group A would have ended up with 18 to Group B's 12. Therefore, the new list is an even split of 15 each arranged in the best geographical way possible at this time.

Group A

Manticore
    Mrbiron
    Jstas
    Gmcman
    Conradicles
    DarqueKnight
    Displayname
    Rooftop59
    Coolsax
    Inspector24
    Nooshinjohn
    Rburgess
    Civilian
    JayCee
    Audioluvr

Group B

Dromunds
    Smglbrth
    ZLTFUL
    TonyB
    Heiny9
    Erinejade
    Halo
    Monopolk
    Mike Reeter
    Seeclear
    Stainless0Steel2
    Nightfall
    EndersShadow
    Indyhawg
    Xsmi
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    edited September 2019
    When I eventually receive them will do a listening party and have some fun comparing them to it’s elders, RTiA6, LSi7, LSi15, LSiM 707 and A9’s if they haven’t sold yet. All invited. BYOB.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• My names on the list. That’s all that matters to me.

Thanks for handling logistics Jesse!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    @dromunds gets to do the first L200 vs LSiM703 shoot out
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • I’ll try to round up a pair of 703’s by then too, would be fun to compare with the others, maybe even some LSi9’s.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    I have some LSi-9's that my GF is currently using, but maybe I'll put them up against the L200's, as well as the 703's. I have some Taylo reference monitors I may throw in the mix as well.
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    When I eventually receive them will do a listening party and have some fun comparing them to it’s elders, RTiA6, LSi7, LSi15, LSiM 707 and A9’s if they haven’t sold yet. All invited. BYOB.

There are enough of us in the Utah area, we should be able to round up enough speakers to test.
    When it comes to the beer hopefully its after November 1st. We are finally getting full strength beer in the stores.

veni9tguiu7z.jpg

Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • Congrats on gaining access to big boy beers! Stay away from colleges or anywhere people in their 20s gather. I'd imagine that will be a bit of a **** show through football season, lol.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    Congrats on gaining access to big boy beers! Stay away from colleges or anywhere people in their 20s gather. I'd imagine that will be a bit of a **** show through football season, lol.

Very true!
    The University of Utah student section is going to be crazy at football games.

Franklin Idaho, Evanston Wyoming, and Wendover Nevada will be Losing some beer sales for sure.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • dolbyd wrote: »

There are enough of us in the Utah area, we should be able to round up enough speakers to test.
    When it comes to the beer hopefully its after November 1st. We are finally getting full strength beer in the stores.

veni9tguiu7z.jpg

Prediction, there's gonna be some drunk Mormons. >:)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    krazypolk wrote: »

Will they be pi$$ing their magic underwear? :p
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    edited September 2019
    Viking64 wrote: »

I find this post to be terribly disrespectful....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Viking64 wrote: »

I find this post to be terribly disrespectful....

Good!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,549
    dolbyd wrote: »

veni9tguiu7z.jpg

well I would NEVER consider those light beers " FULL" strength by a looooong shot.

krazypolk wrote: »
    dolbyd wrote: »

veni9tguiu7z.jpg

Well it is also illegal for them to drink coffee in any form.... in any strength !!

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    Guys, can we please stick to talk about the demo...thanks!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ^^ good job, hope to see a review soon
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.