Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    ^ those are still on my bucket list... Along with 3.1s...

Some day...
  • I almost jumped in my car and drove right away, until I saw the disclaimer "these are two left speakers". Even so, great deal if you need the parts! 2.3TL.

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/broomfield-polk-audio-sds-sra-23-tl/6970844206.html
  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited September 2019
    Looks like some CRS+ SDAs. Not a great price, but they are kick **** little speakers if you can't afford the big ones!

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/colorado-springs-polk-sda-compact/6934171672.html

BTW, no affiliation to either of the above posts. My SDAs aren't for sale! haha :-)
  • They are looking nice.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Ridden hard and put away wet that pair was.... fair price if you are up to the task and local...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    la2vegas wrote: »
    These are out in the Sun.

*fixed
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    With only one serial number pic, it makes you wonder if they are both right speakers or not. :p
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Bump
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    @FestYboy weren't you looking for Monitor 12's? A little overpriced at $325 IMHO, but within driving distance.

https://delaware.craigslist.org/ele/d/magnolia-polk-monitor-12-speakers/6981134828.html

y8r60anmungv.jpg
  • FestYboy
    I am!! But I agree with you on the price, too high. Then again... How often do they come up for sale?

On the other hand, I'm trying to save for a different piece for my other hobby.

Thanks for the heads up @DaveHo , I'll keep it in mind.
  • ddog
    ddog Posts: 230
    la2vegas wrote: »
    The bottoms are concerning.

They look like they've been painted black and now the color is wearing off so the wood is showing through...
  • DaveHo wrote: »
    @FestYboy weren't you looking for Monitor 12's? A little overpriced at $325 IMHO, but within driving distance.

https://delaware.craigslist.org/ele/d/magnolia-polk-monitor-12-speakers/6981134828.html

y8r60anmungv.jpg

I think the Passive Radiator in the Mon. 12's looks a lot like the PR's in the SRS 3.1TL's, which are non existent in the wild. If I ever find a pair 12's close by,I'm going to check them out.
  • FestYboy
    I believe they carry different part numbers...
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I am!! But I agree with you on the price, too high. Then again... How often do they come up for sale?

On the other hand, I'm trying to save for a different piece for my other hobby.

Thanks for the heads up @DaveHo , I'll keep it in mind.

How far is that from you Arty?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    A little over 2 hours. Not a bad drive, mostly a straight shot south.
  • FestYboy wrote: »
    I believe they carry different part numbers...

I'm sure you're right, but they sure look similar.

yixqopee1lmh.jpg

• CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    RTi10 pair and RTi4 pair, $100 total. Claims good shape overall, functionally perfect. No affiliation.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/gms/6982614156.html
    8yxxu2ky703l.jpeg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • FestYboy
    If that was closer...
  • verb wrote: »
    A little over 2 hours. Not a bad drive, mostly a straight shot south.

So here's my offer. Make your best deal, and I will PP the funds to you, so you can pay in cash! That, IMO, is the least I can do as you helped me out.

For helping me in my time of need, and distress, over this whole MC300 amp issue and drama (220v)! I really appreciate the help and support you gave me, and on top of that retrieving the shipping box from what could have been a bad situation. Just ship the box back to me at your convenience, as I now have room for it!

I really do appreciate your help Arty! Just want to return the favor, a bit. And, even though we never met, I consider you a friend. You are yet another example of why I love CP so much!

Thank you sir!

I would call this a "Grand Karma".
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Vintage Polk SDA Stereo Speakers - $150 (Hoover) -- SDA 2B Studio

https://bham.craigslist.org/ele/d/birmingham-vintage-polk-sda-stereo/6983279412.html

hghpldgw0aaz.jpg
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    probably can get them for 2 bills
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    No need to be subterranean yet Dave ;)
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    If that was closer...

If you're referring to the "RTi10 pair and RTi4 pair," I could be the first leg of Polkie Express up to as far as Cherokee, NC.
    Or did you mean the Monitor 12s?
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • FestYboy
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    probably can get them for 2 bills

If that's possible.... Hmmm, might be worth letting the worms eat into my brains.