Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    Dave and Tony: a match made in audio nirvana.
  • verbverb Posts: 10,282
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Dave and Tony: a match made in audio nirvana.

Come on now Arty - I love you too man! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    I'm just saying: Tony's got a truck, moving blankets and a desire for some 1Cs, and you just can't seem to help yourself (like me) when it comes to killer deals like that. And just think, if you time the transactions just right, the wife will never know the difference ;)
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,398
    edited August 2019
    My wife SPOTTED the TRITON ONES the other evening. She asked where they came from. "Yard Sale" I said.

How much did THEY cost? "500.00 I said".

S%%$#!!**LL#%^CK%#! You'll never get your money back paying that much for speakers!!

"I or you can certainly get the money back on these," I calmly told her.

I did pay around 500+ for each of them. :);)
    I just hope if I pass over, she doesn't sell them for 250.00 for the pr. or just give them away. :s

Heck, my Daughter not long ago said while laughing and looking at her mother, "we'll just put your speakers and electronics out on the driveway and let people take what they want for free". Her mother giggled with agreement. :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pkquatpkquat Posts: 719
    Tony M wrote: »
    Heck, my Daughter not long ago said while laughing and looking at her mother, "we'll just put your speakers and electronics out on the driveway and let people take what they want for free". Her mother giggled with agreement. :s

Gift them to me in your Will, problem solved. :smirk: How long you got BTW? :tongue:
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,333
    verb wrote: »
    Chicago Polkies - 1C's highly modded! Sonicaps and Gimpod's boards! Larry's rings? 4 hundie. Good deal IMO :smile: Is a fellow Polkie selling these?
    i3irklrfb7b5.png
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/d/glen-ellyn-polk-audio-sda-1c/6946818122.html

Umm yep posted above already
  • subkronsubkron Posts: 35
    edited August 2019
    Saw the ad for the free monitor 7's a number of days back, responded with an email and left a couple of voice mails, no answer. Only a half hour drive for me so it would be great to pick them up.

• ddogddog Posts: 228
    subkron wrote: »
    Saw the ad for the free monitor 7's a number of days back, responded with an email and left a couple of voice mails, no answer. Only a half hour drive for me so it would be great to pick them up.

Why not give the guy a call..??
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 9,314
    ddog wrote: »
    subkron wrote: »

Why not give the guy a call..??

Read harder. ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
    Sorry...I didn't read the add..
    Just saw that he sent an Email...that hopefully the guy can read...lol

Hopefully someone here will be able to pick these up and give them a good home.
  • subkronsubkron Posts: 35
    So he finally called yesterday afternoon and offered them to me. He is working and will be starting to take classes in the evening so time is not there for these speakers. Seems like a nice guy, just wants to pass them along to someone else who may have time. I really don't but I'll make some time, just need to make arrangements to grab them. Monitor 7C.
    fastz28 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Chicago Polkies - 1C's highly modded! Sonicaps and Gimpod's boards! Larry's rings? 4 hundie. Good deal IMO :smile: Is a fellow Polkie selling these?
    i3irklrfb7b5.png
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/d/glen-ellyn-polk-audio-sda-1c/6946818122.html

Just bought them

Congrats! Looks like they’ll be plug and play! Let us know! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    i3irklrfb7b5.png

Just bought them

Congratulations man!!
    Those are some nice speakers..
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,281
    Got them with manaul sda cable and nice speaker wires for $375

Need an "OMG" to select for deals this good.
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,916

Yes they did
    He said he was a former member

Did you invite him back... Once a Polkie, always a Polkie.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • cincycat13cincycat13 Posts: 867
    Killer score on the 1Cs! Are those replacement tops? Look high gloss in one of the photos... That is the exact reason I can't hang here. I would have wanted them and have no need for them :smile:
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,916
    edited August 2019
    The side panels on these are not stock either, but they look cool.

89xnsopltqns.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,398
    60.00... :p
    Too far away!!!! :'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Polk RTA 12's! 2 hundie. Was 4 hundie last week. Look pretty nice, with the usual de-lamination on the PR's.
    ecid2nxg4doa.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/redford-vintage-classic-polk-audio-rta/6944191066.html
    I've seen much worse and yes they worked just fine. I've seen some that looked worse than a pimpled faced 14 year old. I've not personally seen them completely come apart. one of those tweeters is a replacement looks to be a Midwest made tweeter.
    I've seen much worse and yes they worked just fine. I've seen some that looked worse than a pimpled faced 14 year old. I've personally seen them completely come apart. one of those tweeters is a replacement looks to be a Midwest made tweeter
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 736
    Polk RTA 12's! 2 hundie. Was 4 hundie last week. Look pretty nice, with the usual de-lamination on the PR's.

In the software world they'd say that's a proprietary feature, not an error. ;)
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
    edited August 2019
    I've seen much worse and yes they worked just fine. I've seen some that looked worse than a pimpled faced 14 year old. I've never personally seen them completely come apart. one of those tweeters is a replacement looks to be a Midwest made tweeter

Well i fixed this earlier today above looks like it didn't take, maybe this time it will B)

• cincycat13cincycat13 Posts: 867
    not really speakers but I'll post anyway. Seems high but they are rare if someone is looking.

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/d/milford-carver-silver-9ts/6950268185.html

pd0blqjbtibx.png
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,326
    Clipdat wrote: »

2B's with pin/blade cable. Not a bad price.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0