Dark Times

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited September 2019
    tonyb wrote: »
    what...where ?

He is in the "Who's Online" window to the right of this text, and as soon as he showed up the spammers disappeared... coincidence? I think not. :)

Now that I say that, however, he appears to be gone. :/
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Ahhh, the ghost of Ken reappears from time to time....I get it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    If my life ever becomes so meaningless that the high point of my day is spamming a great forum and annoying good people, I hope someone close to me has the courage to do the compassionate thing....
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Would you like to see it coming or do we take the shot from a half-mile out?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited September 2019

daddyjt wrote: »
    If my life ever becomes so meaningless that the high point of my day is spamming a great forum and annoying good people, I hope someone close to me has the courage to do the compassionate thing....

I got your back.... B)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    daddyjt wrote: »

Buy you a set of Heritage Klipsch loudspeakers?

(ahem -- too soon?)

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I missed most of the drama today. Buts it’s good to see the forces of evil are being beaten back!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • tonyb
    Would you like to see it coming or do we take the shot from a half-mile out?

John John John, why be so dramatic when a simple hip check down a long flight of stairs would do.

bzjg8iqvkkx8.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited September 2019
    I'm an Air Wing Marine Tony.. We don't get our hands dirty unless they are attached to a wrench.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    If I reach that point, I probably don’t deserve to see it coming...

Death by Heresy... I think I’d prefer something a little (or a lot) less painful, lol...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited September 2019
    Still here. Seventeen years and counting for me. Seen worse, although I was getting tired of seeing tedious threads about a Santa Claus vendetta or whatever that was about. Too early for Christmas and too soon to get some L800s under the tree.
  • mhardy6647
    I eagerly await either a 'formal' review or a real end-user review of any of the new Legend models! I guess we'll get that PDQ with the L200 (which will be cool).
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Still here. Seventeen years and counting for me. Seen worse, although I was getting tired of seeing tedious threads about a Santa Claus vendetta or whatever that was about. Too early for Christmas and too soon to get some L800s under the tree.

First time for me. It was, well, an experience. One thing I did notice, was that once attacked, we all banded together, worked as a team, communicated, consoled each other, and endured.

We're all still here! Whew! And, I may add, bonded together a bit more! ;)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    verb wrote: »
    First time for me. It was, well, an experience. One thing I did notice, was that once attacked, we all banded together, worked as a team, communicated, consoled each other, and endured.

We're all still here! Whew! And, I may add, bonded together a bit more! ;)

It's about time you junked that '59 rust-bucket, you knock-kneed dollar store nincompoop!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    They're back at it again...
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Seems a couple of forum members are very popular.
    Please take it to PM.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I’m learning a lot of new things from the speaker section these days. A lot.

I may have to go to church. Or take a shower. OR, take a shower at church.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited September 2019
  • SIHAB
    Good morning TF66. Still digging the DAC?
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Seems F1 has found a new fanboy.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    FTGV wrote: »
    Seems F1 has found a new fanboy.

It's been going on for 3-4 days now. Somehow we twisted someone's britches
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Somehow we twisted someone's britches
    Apparently. The dude has some serious issues.
  • mhardy6647
    In the dark times that try men's people's souls...

practice random acts of senseless bumping...

B)
  • tonyb
    Dark is always followed by the light.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    In the dark times that try men's people's souls...

practice random acts of senseless bumping...

B)

Bump

• I woke up to an email that I was "unbanned" ha. Anyone else get that message?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • SIHAB
    edited September 2019
    pumpkin man did. I'm not even worth banning I guess. :(
    Post edited by SIHAB on
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I got it as well. Very weird
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    After the last wave of spam was taken out, a number of members were showing up as banned. the ones I saw were Jesse, mrbiron, Russ, and hyme2019. there were more but I can't remember now. It was quickly fixed :)