I need a Beanie Baby display case

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    My daughter has 2 huge totes full of BB's.

Can't believe what some of them sell for.... :D
  • oldrocker
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Where would one find something like that?

How big does it need to be?
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @oldrocker dunno maybe like 4 shelfs 2'X1'ish???
  • oldrocker
    Daughter has a display case thing.

Measured it, WAY too small spec wise.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    afterburnt wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    Ok I'll play. I have a similar conundrum. Boxes of em unpacked since the move. What to do? In the basement man cave? Ugh. Maybe something like this to have a little fun while admiring your collection! :smile:
    ld21rww7q1ez.png

That would be cool as hell, where can I buy one?

Was thinking about you @afterburnt when this baby popped up on CL! Only 4 hundie! I'm gonna take a look at it! :)

6cws9u4yn51q.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/vgm/d/canton-treasure-chest-claw-machine/6964810178.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    You know what Upper Deck baseball cards and Beanie Babies had in common?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    kevhed72 wrote: »

Not the same as making love in a rowboat and Watney's Red Barrel Ale, I hope...
  • kevhed72
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Not the same as making love in a rowboat and Watney's Red Barrel Ale, I hope...
    Lost me there my friend, but maybe I lost alot of folks with my analogy....
  • verb

Ugh, you got me. Let me speculate - waste of money? No offense BB card collectors! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    There is an old, off color joke about Watney's Red Barrel Ale and... well... that other thing.
    I am sure the internet knows it.
    Modesty precludes sharing it here :|

Speaking of Beanie Babies... for three years in the early 21st Century, the King and Dark Lord of all Beanie Babies dwelt in our humble abode...

11947100234_f00baedf99_b.jpgDSCN6268 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • verb
    I just can't part with the collection. Her collection of course! Been in boxes, taking up space in the basement. So, the plan is to display em, but in a, ahem, man-cave worthy way! :)
  • verb
    Dude I can't unsee that! :)
  • kevhed72

Ugh, you got me. Let me speculate - waste of money? No offense BB card collectors! :)
    Both companies, specifically Upper Deck in the early nineties, created artificial demand for certain cards or babies via their own price guides and dealers. There is a Netflix special on the baseball cards which is pretty interesting.
  • mhardy6647

Both companies, specifically Upper Deck in the early nineties, created artificial demand for certain cards or babies via their own price guides and dealers. There is a Netflix special on the baseball cards which is pretty interesting.

heh -- sounds like the new "Tool" CD release. :)

Indeed, sounds like the 21st Century's standard operating procedure for marketing.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Now all I see is "upper decker".
  • verb
    Operation Man Cave Beanie Baby display case has got the green light! So to speak.

Told the Mrs that our son and I are going to pick up a display case on Sunday.

Will report out on the WAF, or lack there of. May struggle a bit posting if I end up in a body cast! :)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Operation Man Cave Beanie Baby display case has got the green light! So to speak.

Will report out on the WAF, or lack there of. May struggle a bit posting if I end up in a body cast! :)

Hahaha!! One can only hope!
  • verb
    deronb1 wrote: »

Hahaha!! One can only hope!

Never fear @deronb1 ! Operation was a success! And the WAF was, well, not overtly negative! I call that a win! :)

Here she is (partially disassembled) in the garage!
    o3wcgyuxfkmi.png
  • kevhed72
    What are you going to fill it with?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646

Treasure.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

Cats and Gerbils ....
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558

@afterburnt's beanie baby collection
  • verb
    Actually, I was inspired by the OP, @afterburnt initial post!

The Mrs has boxes, and boxes of beanie babies! Throughout the years, I of course contributed to her collection, Valentine's Day, other holidays, you guys know the drill. I estimate over a 100 of these guys! :) Most of em, maybe all of em, was given by me as a gift to the Mrs, and because of that, we just can't part with em!

But, they have been sequestered in boxes after the move. In fact 2 moves. Taking up space in the basement these boxes. So, what an innovative way, IMO, to showcase these guys is to throw em all in the arcade game, and have some fun while at it!

Good compromise of displaying em in the man cave! :)

And, thanks Burnt for the inspiration! :)
  • verb
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    0kratglh0sic.jpg

Oh Jeez, paging through this thread I saw it again! Almost when it had faded entirely from memory! :)
  • verb
    Here's a video that the seller sent me. I had to chuckle when I first saw it, as I remember back in the day I sucked at these games! Lost lots of quarters back then!

Is it indulgent? For sure! :) But, now I get to practice, have fun, and get revenge! :)

https://youtu.be/E9fMORRwvxo
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    You'd have liked the erstwhile Higgins Armory (Museum) in lovely Worcester (that's prounounced Woosta!), @verb :)

28btlnf6btra.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgins_Armory_Building

I guess the collection's still maintained, but the old armory is no longer the site -- which is too bad... it was a completely idiosyncratic place (in the best connotations of that word)!

bcfczm9t0udt.png
    rlymomprhfjs.png

Worcester and lovely are two words that should not be in the same sentence, or paragraph even.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mhardy6647
    edited September 2019
    lovely Woosta

... and that's what you call irony.

;)