Monitor 7C crossover question

I recently bought a set of the Monitor 7C speakers and hooked up yesterday, everything sounded ok. So i pulled out the crossovers to verify the components match the wiring schematic. I am going to upgrade the caps/resistor. Today I noticed the Polyswitch appears to have been clipped off on both. Unless a jumper has been placed on the circuit then that tweeter circuit should be open. Looking at the boards I cant tell. Anyone see a possible jumper, if not can you suggest something? Ideas? There is no fuse on the terminal cups.
Thanks!
7frreh7i1twc.jpg
0l9mx0a9gq9e.jpg
l7vayurnjwzi.jpg
l47rwm7tnljc.jpg
36b7gl4d3nj8.jpg
kf8x57gvgytr.jpg

SDA 1C (wood)- Vr3 crossovers/ Gimpod board's, Larry's rings, RDO194 tweeters, Dynamat. Updated terminal cup and binding posts. Custom IC by Vr3 with Neutrik connectors. SDA 2B(studio)- SonicCraft crossovers(TL mod), RD0-198 tweeters. Hurricane nuts, DynaMat and JB Weld.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Yep poly is M.I.A.. I do see a jumper right next to the resistor. That clipped item has me perplexed. It looks to me to far spaced for the poly.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Looks like they clipped the poly close to the disk & just twisted & soldered its leads.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Bingo!

See this:

7jrbjmsq9krw.png

• tonyp063 wrote: »
    Looks like they clipped the poly close to the disk & just twisted & soldered its leads.

Tony you are correct, I see an original 7c crossover on Ebay with the Polyswitch in place. I now see where it went, I was looking at the wrong points(clipped lead ends).
    So replacing the 2 ohm resistor, i want to go with a 2.5 without the polyswitch.
    Getting ready to order new caps from Parts Connexion. thanks
    Another Polkie must have owned these, lol. Happy Friday everyone!

https://ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-Monitor-Series-7-Crossover-ONE-1/163858089778?hash=item2626b40732:g:t68AAOSwI39deVHb
    SDA 1C (wood)- Vr3 crossovers/ Gimpod board's, Larry's rings, RDO194 tweeters, Dynamat. Updated terminal cup and binding posts. Custom IC by Vr3 with Neutrik connectors. SDA 2B(studio)- SonicCraft crossovers(TL mod), RD0-198 tweeters. Hurricane nuts, DynaMat and JB Weld.
  • pitdogg2
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    Bingo!

See this:

7jrbjmsq9krw.png

exactly Tony. But his does have something soldered in the other holes that had me perplexed as to what was there.
  • I took a closer look at the underside. That's where the Black and White wires from the binding posts attached and were soldered in and the excess clipped off..I should have saw that earlier. I just assumed at first that was where that Polyswitch switch was..
    thanks. Any other advice/help with the crossover upgrade is welcome.

ya90qlz1vjy9.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2019
    don't use Solen. Sonicaps or Clarity are very good match.

I'm a big Sonicap fan.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    don't use Solen. Sonicaps or Clarity are very good match.

I'm a big Sonicap fan.

Thanks for the info. I ordered Clarity/Mundorf caps, these were more in line
    with my "budget". I update binding posts with some from Parts Express.
    Several years ago I purchased some Klipsch Forte II and ordered the crossover kit
    from Bob Crites, they were mostly Sonicaps. They sound good.
    Have a great weekend!
    au1sk42ehyxq.jpg
    opm0qacdeolc.jpg
    ifzgfkeoyy1o.jpg