ConradiclesConradicles Posts: 5,864
These really surprised me:

Fosi Audio DK560:

57v5a43zp4tx.jpg

Comments

• anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 2,522
    What would you compare them to?
  • ConradiclesConradicles Posts: 5,864
    Good question. Hard to find quality speakers in this price range, and I guess that is why I am so impressed.

I am getting ready to buy a whole bunch of cheap monitors and do some shoot outs and see which one is best for me in this particular system.

Any recommendations welcome.
  • verbverb Posts: 7,647
    Good question. Hard to find quality speakers in this price range, and I guess that is why I am so impressed.

I am getting ready to buy a whole bunch of cheap monitors and do some shoot outs and see which one is best for me in this particular system.

Any recommendations welcome.

@Clipdat has been running a few lately. I believe he reviewed them here as well.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • t8gb0sqdoqob.jpeg
    I know, I know, but I really enjoy these. R-51-M
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,632
    Maybe try the Dali Spektors. I've liked all the Dalis I've hard, although I've not heard these. the 1s fall right around $225-50, which is maybe close enough?

I think Monitor Audio has a new budget series too, although I know nothing about those. :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • verbverb Posts: 7,647
    t8gb0sqdoqob.jpeg

My first set of Klipsch's from our very own @Mr. Sharpe ! Love em, when paired with the SVS sub. Running fleapower monoblocks. Yes I have Polk's sitting on top of the speakers and sub! Sub is moved. but the Polk's are still there, unplugged! :)
    ghm2ux6wr6u4.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,238
    I'm not sure if you're talking new or used. I've run a ton of bookies and monitors and in the $200 used category its hard to beat LSi-7's or LSi-9's, although the 9's may cost you a tad more than 2 hundy. I recently sold a pair of DALI Zensors for somewhere near that price and I also really liked those little guys, put out a lot more low end than they had a right to and real wood veneer cabinetry was eye-appealing. Some of the others I had exhibited various positive qualities but none could supplant the LSi's or the DALI. The LSiM 703's best them all by a significant margin, and for $445/pair brand new at Adorama with warranty via slickdeals with free shipping and no tax, that's the best bookie bang for the buck out there currently IMHO, albeit above your stated price point.
  • Mr. SharpeMr. Sharpe Posts: 1,264
    verb wrote: »
    t8gb0sqdoqob.jpeg

My first set of Klipsch's from our very own @Mr. Sharpe ! Love em, when paired with the SVS sub. Running fleapower monoblocks. Yes I have Polk's sitting on top of the speakers and sub! Sub is moved. but the Polk's are still there, unplugged! :)
    ghm2ux6wr6u4.png

I’m so glad you’re enjoying those, they are nice speakers with an enormous sound!

Electronics: Westinghouse 43" LED, Marantz UD-7007 player, Denon AVR-x3100w receiver/preamp, DIY Ethereal ESO-1 power conditioner, Parasound HCA-1500a power house.

Speakers: Polk Audio RTA-12c mains, Polk Audio PSW-505 sub, Klipsch rc-10 center, Klipsch RB-41 surrounds.

Cables: Audioquest King Cobras, Audiquest Diamondbacks, Pangea HDMI's (one for audio, one for video), KnuKonceptz sub cable, Pangea AC-14 and AC-14se's, Pangea AC-9, Dayton Audio speaker wire.
    dromunds wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you're talking new or used.

New, under $200. That is why it is so difficult and fun!

• boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,365
    These really surprised me:

Fosi Audio DK560:

57v5a43zp4tx.jpg

Those are very nice looking speaker
    Randy / Maine
    SDA-CRS+ 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Stands w/Polk Logo & Spiked nicely
    RTA15TL 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Gloss tops shine. Spiked nicely
    Cs1000p-Yamaha-Parasound-Acurus
    MIT speaker cables-Pangea powercords
  • boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,365
    I bought a pair of these once for 20.00 they were beautiful & sounded very nice. Wish I still had em3sj65ccfh06x.jpg
    Randy / Maine
    SDA-CRS+ 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Stands w/Polk Logo & Spiked nicely
    RTA15TL 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Gloss tops shine. Spiked nicely
    Cs1000p-Yamaha-Parasound-Acurus
    MIT speaker cables-Pangea powercords
    halo wrote: »

Great suggestion. I forgot about these and will try them out!
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,212
    I think I found the Fosi competitor. Also $200

https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-elevation

91ti7k732CL._SL1500_.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
    That is $199 each for the SVS. Not in this category, although a sweet speaker.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,212
    That is $199 each for the SVS. Not in this category, although a sweet speaker.

I don't read so well.

I just read $199 and stopped there.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk