Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Options

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    100%, John.

Could you image if a white player hurled a racist and derogatory term at a black team executive?!

Massive fines and multiple game suspension at a minimum.
    I forgot about the racist crap and the physical threats of violence.... and Belicheat rewards the guy.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Deltadon wrote: »
    Pats don’t care it’s a one year deal. With JG and now AB At left and right stretching the defenses, it’ll take a lot of pressure off Brady (not that he needs much time to make his read) and open up the run game. That team is going to be a nightmare to defend.

Don’t get me wrong I hope they suck, but they certainly have their weapons.

The point is that this is an entirely different situation now because AB is now in the locker room and will be on the field with THE GOATS, namely TB12 and BB.
    The Patriot Way makes all the difference, so we shall see!

z013e1kilzrq.jpg

Yeah just like the “Patriots way” fixed JG. It’s a miracle that guy is still allowed to play.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Oh dear lord...my Browns, should be ashamed of themselves. Acting like children that first half.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • motorstereo
    Options
    The fool manipulated the Raiders into dumping him so he could go somewhere else. He signed a contract to play Raider football, then gets rewarded and allowed to go somewhere else where the grass is greener.

And exactly who is the fool here? It doesn't seem like AB to me and one can't fault a guy for wanting to play for a team that consistently wins.
    Don't worry though haters; father time will soon take care of what the rest of the NFL has been unable to do for the last 17 years. Until that dreaded day happens bring on the hate and tears :D
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I would expect no less from a Pats fan... Selling your integrity for another trophy.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Deltadon
    Options
    I would expect no less from a Pats fan... Selling your integrity for another trophy.

I'm wondering whether there was any collusion involved?

o10k8bhipa2z.jpeg
    o69bxmdc2og9.jpeg

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    They had that contract ready before he was even released...

• Mikey081057
    Options
    Wow Redskin D just totally collapsed
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Deltadon
    Options
    They had that contract ready before he was even released...

Here's the explanation from his agent.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ecKKUDRlwW8
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Last word about Antonio Brown from me.... football, more than any other sport, is a very structured and disciplined team endeavor. It is very much like being in a combat platoon IMHO, in that your team is depending on you to selflessly do your job, as you expect them to do theirs. They rise and fall as a team, not as individuals, and they leave no one behind on that field.

What Antonio Brown did when he signed his contract was more than just get paid, he made a solemn commitment to his team ownership, teammates, and more importantly, his community, to do his job. Forget about the team aspect for a second, what about the thousands of Raider faithful that bought his jersey, tickets to the game and everything else they did because AB was coming to town?

As far as his teammates are concerned, he should be seen as a failure and a pariah, if we lived in a world where your reputation speaks as loudly as your abilities. This betrayal should not only be seen as such by his former locker room, but by every other one he enters. If this were the military, his career would have been over before he ever made it to another duty station.

Team ownership should have seen through his antics and forced his hand. Don’t want to play here, fine. You are suspended without pay and we will discuss you and your attitude after the season. By releasing him, the baby got his way. It is at this point that the NFL should have suspended him pending review of his actions with the Raiders and prevented him signing anywhere until they took their sweet time looking into it.

That is not the world we live in however. Instead the selfish jackwagon gets to gut punch an entire community, and NFL fans, act like an insolent child and gets coddled all the way to a shot at a trophy, while 99% of the league honors their commitments and the communities in which they play.

Players and owners are ok with this paradigm, because football is not about leaving it all on the battlefield anymore. It’s about taking it all to the bank by any means necessary, so long as the fans keep paying to see a bunch of babies play a man’s game.

I feel sorry for Raider fans, as they got screwed. Sadly, the NFL gives us another reason not to watch...

• motorstereo
    Options

As I would expect nothing less from a Raider's fan :) Whining and bellyaching because of the loss of arguably their best player. If the shoe was on the other foot though and one of the Pats best "defected" to another team I'm sure all would be well.
    Being a hated Pat's fan I wouldn't be happy to see that happen but I wouldn't hate anyone over it and I certainly wouldn't cry foul.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Thank God I am a Vikings Fan... :p I made my comments as a fan of football.

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    So nice to see that Golden Tate is serving a 4 game suspension for being an honest, upstanding human being. His. Nonsense “PED” suspension is where the NFL will hold a hard line on “integrity”...

But, Antonio Brown acts like a complete clown, spews hateful and racist speech and goes out of his way to break a contract, I guess that’s no problem for the NFL and it’s integrity!
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Dolphins should start playing on Friday nights...

Baker Mayfield will be fine...Couple of bad throws.... He's better than that...

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Deltadon
    Deltadon Posts: 94
    edited September 2019
    Options
    It is very much like being in a combat platoon IMHO, in that your team is depending on you to selflessly do your job, as you expect them to do theirs.....If this were the military, his career would have been over before he ever made it to another duty station.
    You are reading way too much into this. Comparing professional football to the military is an exaggeration. Professional football is far from being in military - it is not a matter of life and death. It is just another form of entertainment. Playing football is simply being employed in a free-enterprise entertainment industry.
    he made a solemn commitment to his team ownership, teammates, and more importantly, his community, to do his job.
    He never did. There is no oath in professional football. Again you are expecting way too much from someone drawing a paycheck for a job. Just because the paycheck is large doesn't mean it anything. It is a free enterprise system not enlistment or forced servitude.
    Forget about the team aspect for a second, what about the thousands of Raider faithful that bought his jersey, tickets to the game and everything else they did because AB was coming to town?
    Sorry to say this, but that is their problem. As I said, professional football is just entertainment.
    Team ownership should have seen through his antics and forced his hand. Don’t want to play here, fine. You are suspended without pay and we will discuss you and your attitude after the season. By releasing him, the baby got his way. It is at this point that the NFL should have suspended him pending review of his actions with the Raiders and prevented him signing anywhere until they took their sweet time looking into it.

Again, the NFL isn't forced servitude or a military dictatorship, it is a free-enterprise business and has the freedom operate its business within the law and the collective agreement with the players.
    That is not the world we live in however. Instead the selfish jackwagon gets to gut punch an entire community, and NFL fans, act like an insolent child and gets coddled all the way to a shot at a trophy, while 99% of the league honors their commitments and the communities in which they play.
    He was acting well within his rights. The NFL helps communities not because of innate altruism, but because they see it as being in their best business interests and helps with marketing. No strategy is perfect and there are always bumps along the way.
    Players and owners are ok with this paradigm, because football is not about leaving it all on the battlefield anymore.
    It never has been. Players are quite restricted about where they can play, unless they are released or are free agents.
    It’s about taking it all to the bank by any means necessary, so long as the fans keep paying to see a bunch of babies play a man’s game.
    It is more like a bunch of free-willed millionaires playing a boy's game for free-willed billionaires - and there is a large free-willed audience for this.
    I feel sorry for Raider fans, as they got screwed. Sadly, the NFL gives us another reason not to watch...
    That is an exaggeration. No one got screwed. He was just another player - a talented player with a relatively short career looking after his best interests. Whether you chose or do not chose to watch the NFL or do anything is your choice. After all this is a relatively free country with a free-enterprise system... for a while at least...

• Upstatemax
    Options
    It is very much like being in a combat platoon IMHO, in that your team is depending on you to selflessly do your job, as you expect them to do theirs.....If this were the military, his career would have been over before he ever made it to another duty station.
    You are reading way too much into this. Comparing professional football to the military is an exaggeration. Professional football is far from being in military - it is not a matter of life and death. It is just another form of entertainment. Playing football is simply being employed in a free-enterprise entertainment industry.
    he made a solemn commitment to his team ownership, teammates, and more importantly, his community, to do his job.
    He never did. There is no oath in professional football. Again you are expecting way too much from someone drawing a paycheck for a job. Just because the paycheck is large doesn't mean it anything. It is a free enterprise system not enlistment or forced servitude.
    Forget about the team aspect for a second, what about the thousands of Raider faithful that bought his jersey, tickets to the game and everything else they did because AB was coming to town?
    Sorry to say this, but that is their problem. As I said, professional football is just entertainment.

Again, the NFL isn't forced servitude or a military dictatorship, it is a free-enterprise business and has the freedom operate its business within the law and the collective agreement with the players.
    He was acting well within his rights. The NFL helps communities not because of innate altruism, but because they see it as being in their best business interests and helps with marketing. No strategy is perfect and there are always bumps along the way.
    Players and owners are ok with this paradigm, because football is not about leaving it all on the battlefield anymore.
    It never has been. Players are quite restricted about where they can play, unless they are released or are free agents.
    It’s about taking it all to the bank by any means necessary, so long as the fans keep paying to see a bunch of babies play a man’s game.
    It is more like a bunch of free-willed millionaires playing a boy's game for free-willed billionaires - and there is a large free-willed audience for this.
    That is an exaggeration. No one got screwed. He was just another player - a talented player with a relatively short career looking after his best interests. Whether you chose or do not chose to watch the NFL or do anything is your choice. After all this is a relatively free country with a free-enterprise system... for a while at least...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/6354dff801124be49f3f11f87962408b/tenor.gif?itemid=135024389m6gtysbb9pz.gif
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Nick Foles breaks his collarbone in his first game for the Jax Jags.... That's some bad luck right there.

But fear not Jags fans Tom Coughlin would call Betty White before he calls Kaepernick.

• Upstatemax
    Options
    Well Mikey, Eli might up for trade sooner rather than later!
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Good for Eli... Guy gets a lot of carp but he is a winner... He played his a ss off today... he was over matched and out coached today.... I'm not a Giants fan but you can't argue with Eli's record/rings.

• Upstatemax
    Options
    Good for Eli... Guy gets a lot of carp but he is a winner... He played his a ss off today... he was over matched and out coached today.... I'm not a Giants fan but you can't argue with Eli's record/rings.

I agree, he looked like a totally different player today.

But it still stands that the writing is on the wall for him...

Giants have moved on, and that makes sense.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2019
    Options

I know it's not the military, but it is a fair comparison from the standpoint of it being an all in, total effort team sport, but that is not the point for my post. Football is far from a "free-enterprise entertainment industry". It ceased being that when the league and team owners started extorting billions of dollars from cities for the rights to have and keep a team. These teams should be seen for what they are, a community investment. The only city that has it right IMHO is Green Bay, as they own that team outright and the community has a say in what the team does.

Because of the tremendous investment cities make to have and keep a team, the franchise, and it's players by extension, have a certain level of commitment to their communities, and a player signing a contract bears that responsibility. Many contracts even spell out a certain amount of involvement as well as a morals clause that is in place to try and keep players from becoming a liability. The players are fully aware of what those expectations are when they sign on.

Let's also not forget that a contract is a binding document. There is no oath in football, but your signing of an NFL contract means you agree to adhere to the rules, principles and code of conduct that governs players in the league. It means you will do those things expected of you as a player by your coaches, the ownership of your team and of the governing board of the sport. In that regard, a player's signature is his oath, and his name on a coveted NFL uniform is proof that he accepts that role.

There is little doubt that AB failed every step of the way to live up to his commitment to everyone, including himself when he signed. I question whether or not he wasn't poached away from the Raiders by Belicheat and instructed on what to do to get out of his deal in Oakland. The rumor mill is churning on that question already.

• Upstatemax
    Options

Plus, now the Giants will have some serious trade capitol to try and leverage...

When you’re in rebuild mode, draft and trade capital can’t be ignored.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    And now we know he actually sought out help to get cut as fast as possible...
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/antonio-brown-social-media-consultants-accelerate-release-raiders-report

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Some may argue that it's unfair that the Pats got 2 number 1 wide receivers but I would argue that the both of them are number 2

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Well.....

id2c9457uzga.jpeg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I did not know Matt had a school named in his honor...

• Mikey081057
    Options
    Cmon Steelers... could you at least .... nevermind.....

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    I did not know Matt had a school named in his honor...

You've never heard of Matthew High School? I got my SDA degree there.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    Nick Foles breaks his collarbone in his first game for the Jax Jags.... That's some bad luck right there.

But fear not Jags fans Tom Coughlin would call Betty White before he calls Kaepernick.

Yep. Only reason why the Kaep is not employed. It is because he sucks at QB. Plain and simple. Kneeling is an act of submission. And when your team is trailing. Good luck with that guy.

I would rather fight and die standing than serve on my knees.

I had to say it. Apologies are not atttached.
  • motorstereo
    Options
    I wonder if Pittsbugh wishes they had taken the Pat's offer of 2 1st round draft picks for AB that the Pat's offered them in March? :D