Pass Labs X0.2 Preamplifier.

nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
edited September 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This beautiful end-game preamp is in fantastic shape and really need to stay in the Polk family. I run it with my Carver tube amps and it is, by FAR the best preamp I have ever owned. Wayne at Pass Labs has gone through this preamp personally less than a year ago.

It comes as three identically-sized chassis - two gain stages and the control box. They are connected by short jumpers with multipin connectors - two power, two control.

- Dead quiet especially with balanced interconnects
- Spacious good sense of front & back depth- good soundstage and sense of recording venue
- Very dynamic
- A bit of sweetness, very seductive, not etched, dry or thin
- Totally tonally neutral - absolutely no added warmth (how neutral is the rest of your system - afraid to find out?)
- Great volume control - totally accurate on balance with repeatable settings, balance tracks perfectly (this drives me nuts on other line stages)
- All the flexibility you'll need with inputs and ouputs
- subteranean bass
- built like a tank - beautiful industrial design if you like this sort of styling. Circuit layout, boards, and most important power supplies . the equal of any high-end component. his work is hot and heavy for good reason.
- Customer Service
As good as it gets. I have always received "bend over backwards" service from the manufacturer. Glitches in materials or assembly are often handled free of charge.

Asking 3100.00 shipped CONUS... The Phono preamp is also available for 1600.00 Shipped CONUS.

THESE ITEMS ARE FOR SALE TO CLUB POLK MEMBERS ONLY, WITH MORE THAN 250 POSTS. One hit wonders need not inquire.

4mi2b1o2sqxo.jpg
t40yjxb8fs3k.jpg
pbhxm9tk0n5i.jpg
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Can you please post some pics for us John?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • nooshinjohn
    halo wrote: »
    Can you please post some pics for us John?

Updated the listing for you.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Very nice John! What are you moving to? :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2019
    Likely an HT preamp or AVR for now. The wife wants things gone for now.

• verb
    Likely an HT preamp or AVR for now. The wife wants things gone for now.

Wow! Even the statements? And the 1.2tl’s? Say it isn’t so!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    1.2TL’s.... the only things allowed to stay are the amps and the Oppo...

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474

Time to look for a divorce lawyer....JK...I jest :smiley:
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • nooshinjohn
    JayCee wrote: »

I understand the driving force behind her wishes.... let’s just say she is dealing with bigger stuff at the moment. The failures of my computer and the AVR weeks apart made the rig an easy target, but there is other stuff going on, and I need to go along with it. When the dust settles, I will get things going again better than before.

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474

I understand the driving force behind her wishes.... let’s just say she is dealing with bigger stuff at the moment. The failures of my computer and the AVR weeks apart made the rig an easy target, but there is other stuff going on, and I need to go along with it. When the dust settles, I will get things going again better than before.

Absolutely understand. No judgement on my part. Just trying to lighten the mood. You're kind of humor at times so I felt you'd be OK with it. Hoping the best for Nooshin and you.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • nooshinjohn
    No worries man... just be careful opening the mail box for a few days? :p

• verb

Take care John. And best wishes. It's all a journey after all.
  • @verb I can't believe this is still here...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • verb
    @verb I can't believe this is still here...

LOL! The PASS or the 1.2Tl's? Yeah John for sure has some nice pieces! :)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633

What is taking you so long @verb?
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    I bet he's PMing him about the 1.2s :p
  • verb
    monepolk wrote: »

You must be psychic! Not! :) I'm thinking for sure, but those L800's are well, awesome too! :)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    verb wrote: »
    monepolk wrote: »

You must be psychic! Not! :) I'm thinking for sure, but those L800's are well, awesome too! :)

Roadtrip!
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    edited September 2019
    This is an endgame pre for sure. I would love to be able to upgrade from my current EE Minimax pre and use this Pass pre with my McCormack amp but my audio budget unfortunately is not on the same level as my wishes. Very good deal on a great pre. GLWTS, John, and all the best.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    For those on the fence, this may help you decide. I found this blurb related to another X0.2 that was for sale about 18 mo ago

“ . . . the previous owner had Bob Backert of RHB Sound Dezign (www.rhbsound.com) select and install Mundorf M-Cap Supreme silver/oil caps and V-Caps Reference Grade TFTF caps to replace the input and output caps.
    After this upgrade, it beat the XP-10 (handily!), and the ARC Ref 5SE AND the Pass XP-20!
    The verstility of all the I/O options is not to be taken for granted! Yoou can connect anything to this and it does have a HT Bypass too! “

GLWTS, John!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Hello John
    I don’t qualify for the Polk Member / 250 minimum post because I registered just tonight.
    I do have a passion for using Nelson Pass equipment in my system. I have a biamp system using X2.5 preamp, SIT3 for HF and Pair of Aleph 2’s for LF. The Aleph 2’s were completely rebuilt by Pass Labs last year. Kent is a great guy to deal with at Pass Labs. I got the SIT3 from Mark at Reno HiFi, another great guy. The X0.2 is the only Preamplifier I would consider as an upgrade to my X2.5. The X0.2 Preamplifier is a “fantastic” preamplifier. That being said, I hope one of your qualified Polk Audio Brothers jumps this fine piece of equipment. But if no one does, know that I will purchase in immediately with PayPal.
    Jim
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Oh, man, what to do...what to do. Terrible timing.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited September 2019
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Oh, man, what to do...what to do

I know!
    I really like love what’s under the hood. However, the “industrial design“ is not my thing.

Exceptions CAN be made!!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    I'm looking at this gear straight beating it like it owes me money....

BDT
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Wait til you see his TT.
    Good luck with the changes.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • kharp1
    $24.19...once again I have destroyed your bid, Russ.
  • nooshinjohn
    Bump for the new week. I will keep the this open here for a few more days, then it will go to Audiogon.

• kharp1
    I'm looking to buy 2 houses within the next several months, or, this would be on it's way to Louisville. Good luck with the sale, John.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy 2 houses within the next several months, or, this would be on it's way to Louisville. Good luck with the sale, John.

Cool! Can I live in one of them?
  • kharp1
    Sure. I just cut all the shrubs out at the house in Pewee Valley, you can stay there. Hardwood floors, easy to spray down.