Klipsch Cornwall IV is a-comin' (?!)

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    edited September 2019
    What a snooze that one is Jess. Wow!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    He says he's a troll Jes says it..he' a funking troll!

I have found that many that are called trolls on this forum, tend to have views and posts that are FAR more interesting than those that repeat the same tired "advice" and opinions over and over....
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    K_M wrote: »

That is coming from the people higher up in case you want to argue back.

What people higher up? I didn't see you standing in that group photo at the Polk HQ.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    F1nut wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Rick88 wrote: »
    I missed many things and people during my 15 months away from the forum, but I can tell you one thing I did not miss, people like him.

To LOL the original post was unnecessary and douchey.
    I didn't mean to hurt your feelings with my criticism toward a company that makes speakers the size of refrigerators. If you don't like my opinion, ignore me. Why is that so difficult? Is this thread supposed to be about jerking each other off? Look at Audiokarma. They have tons of criticism about new McIntosh gear. People seem fine. Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but people don't always agree with everything you like. I have a feeling the internet may not be a good place for you...

Since you're having such a hard time getting along with...well, everyone here a good look in your mirror will give you the answer as to what the problem is. If you are of the opinion that you are unable to change your attitude perhaps it would be best to find others more in line with your character traits.

He is stating his opinion.
    IF you can not handle people that think differently than you just Ignore them.

Instead of cluttering the forum with nonsense, bickering and trying to force people out of the forum.

Many on the forum do not care for your attitude, and Ignore you, and it works great.

Have a great day!

Yet, there are many that do love his opinions. Jesse has been a pillar of this community as well as being a huge help on many levels technically. The troll in question, PolkAudioJoJo, who had 59 posts as of this thread, not so much. As pointed out, many of his 59 posts are mired in rancor. Basically Troll mentality. I'm firmly in Jesse's corner on this one.

I agree Jesse does have a lot of good input, but we can not treat members on
    the forum as "trolls" either.

I sincerely do not see him as a troll at all. all forums have differing views, and they can coexist side by side.
    I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and hopefully keep people on the forum.

Had you done your homework before jumping in you would have seen that he admitted to being a troll. Maybe next time you feel the need to stick your nose into something it doesn't belong you'll think twice about it, but I'm not going to hold my breath

While all of what you say may be true............

.........Why not just ignore him?

If his posts cause that much disdain, a true troll gives up when no one argues back with them.
    Besides the word "Troll" has become minimized, as you have used that term on dozens of posters that you do not agree with.

Show me where I called him a troll in this thread. Oh that's right I didn't, you made it up.

Why don't you do what you said you did, put me on your ignore list and stop trying to push your agenda because it hasn't and isn't going to work. Another thing, stop sending everyone a PM trying to get them see things your way because that isn't working either.

My agenda is to get the forum to be friendly to NEW people so it thrives, and to keep it open to all views.
    Otherwise good chance it will be closed down.

As to PM's you do as you please and I will do as I please.

Maybe you need to step back and realize, NO ONE on the forum has to listen to anything you say.
    Try KEEPING people on the forum if you believe you have such great influence, instead forcing people away.

The forum is doing fine, but thanks for your concerns unwarranted as they are. As for your last comment........well, I understand you have trouble with the truth.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• K_M
    edited September 2019

Post edited by K_M on
  • K_M
    I missed many things and people during my 15 months away from the forum, but I can tell you one thing I did not miss, people like him.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings with my criticism toward a company that makes speakers the size of refrigerators. If you don't like my opinion, ignore me. Why is that so difficult? Is this thread supposed to be about jerking each other off? Look at Audiokarma. They have tons of criticism about new McIntosh gear. People seem fine. Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but people don't always agree with everything you like. I have a feeling the internet may not be a good place for you...

Since you're having such a hard time getting along with...well, everyone here a good look in your mirror will give you the answer as to what the problem is. If you are of the opinion that you are unable to change your attitude perhaps it would be best to find others more in line with your character traits.

Instead of cluttering the forum with nonsense, bickering and trying to force people out of the forum.

Many on the forum do not care for your attitude, and Ignore you, and it works great.

Have a great day!

Yet, there are many that do love his opinions. Jesse has been a pillar of this community as well as being a huge help on many levels technically. The troll in question, PolkAudioJoJo, who had 59 posts as of this thread, not so much. As pointed out, many of his 59 posts are mired in rancor. Basically Troll mentality. I'm firmly in Jesse's corner on this one.

I sincerely do not see him as a troll at all. all forums have differing views, and they can coexist side by side.
    I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and hopefully keep people on the forum.

Had you done your homework before jumping in you would have seen that he admitted to being a troll. Maybe next time you feel the need to stick your nose into something it doesn't belong you'll think twice about it, but I'm not going to hold my breath

If his posts cause that much disdain, a true troll gives up when no one argues back with them.
    Besides the word "Troll" has become minimized, as you have used that term on dozens of posters that you do not agree with.

Show me where I called him a troll in this thread. Oh that's right I didn't, you made it up.

Why don't you do what you said you did, put me on your ignore list and stop trying to push your agenda because it hasn't and isn't going to work. Another thing, stop sending everyone a PM trying to get them see things your way because that isn't working either.

My agenda is to get the forum to be friendly to NEW people so it thrives, and to keep it open to all views.

Maybe you need to step back and realize, NO ONE on the forum has to listen to anything you say.
    Try KEEPING people on the forum if you believe you have such great influence, instead forcing people away.

The forum is doing fine, but thanks for your concerns unwarranted as they are. As for your last comment........well, I understand you have trouble with the truth.

You definition of how the forum is doing, might be quite different than the people that actually pay for the forum and control it.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    You two remind me of John Cusack and Daphne Zuniga in the movie The Sure Thing. They hate each other throughout the whole movie until the end when they realize they actually are in love with one another.
  • F1nut

Have a great day!

You definition of how the forum is doing, might be quite different than the people that actually pay for the forum and control it.

I would know that way, way, way better than you, so stop trying to twist the truth. It, like your agenda isn't working

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited September 2019
    Hermitism wrote: »
    You two remind me of John Cusack and Daphne Zuniga in the movie The Sure Thing. They hate each other throughout the whole movie until the end when they realize they actually are in love with one another.

I don't hate K_M, but I don't like their counter-productive ramblings and unnecessary disruptions.

President of Club Polk

• K_M
    edited September 2019

Have a great day!

I would know that way, way, way better than you, so stop trying to twist the truth. It, like your agenda isn't working

What you call my "agenda", is in fact the very same agenda shared by Sound United/Polk Audio.

People to be respectful,not to call people trolls, or other name calling and to rid the ongoing bashing and bickering that permeates many threads, and makes the forum seem to be a very negative place at times.

All views should be welcomed and not seen as something to divide the forum, into small segments of people that rarely post or feel they must not share their true idea, view or opinion.

Would you prefer to hear it directly from someone higher up, would that help lend credibility to my agenda?

• verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    I love everybody! Well, mostly! :)

:'(

Including you Jimmy! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    How can you not love that! :)
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Would you prefer to hear it directly from someone higher up, or would that help lend credibility to my agenda?
    So now you're going to tell the teacher, huh? Welcome to 3rd grade, Polkies.

There have actually been quite a few new people coming here lately, and most of the ones I've seen have been well behaved and polite. You know, like you would be if you were a guest in someone's home for the first time?
    They post questions or talk about their systems and seek ways to improve it, and even have the utter audacity to say thank you and consider helpful suggestions.

As it's been said, things are not as bad as they seem to be.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • F1nut

Have a great day!

What you call my "agenda", is in fact the very same agenda shared by Sound United/Polk Audio.

People to be respectful,not to call people trolls, or other name calling and to rid the ongoing bashing and bickering that permeates many threads, and makes the forum seem to be a very negative place at times.

All views should be welcomed and not seen as something to divide the forum, into small segments of people that rarely post or feel they must not share their true idea, view or opinion.

Would you prefer to hear it directly from someone higher up, would that help lend credibility to my agenda?

Please stop digging, your hole is deep enough.

President of Club Polk

• verb

dm46u3der4dh.jpeg

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

BNE! :)
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    BNE! :)
    Brown Noser envy? 🤔
    Alea jacta est!
  • verb
    Everywhere! :)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

3kozn967z8wt.jpg

The pup Rapture has begun.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453

Have a great day!

I, personally, would love that. Can I get in line for some of the "higher ups" response?
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Well, to each their own, but I think that is a bit harsh.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    impalpable... where's @Viking64 when we need him?

;)
  • What was the topic again??? Oh that's right, speakers or something??
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mhardy6647
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    What was the topic again??? Oh that's right, speakers or something??

dy5fjax1k547.png

Exacttly-- we were makin' fun of Klipsch!
    OK... I was, anyway... having lived with a pair of Cornies for a decade, I feel like I earned the right to do that.

B)

• kharp1
    edited September 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    What was the topic again??? Oh that's right, speakers or something??

dy5fjax1k547.png

Exacttly-- we were makin' fun of Klipsch!
    OK... I was, anyway... having lived with a pair of Cornies for a decade, I feel like I earned the right to do that.

B)

And while you're doing that I'm going to do what I do...defend them, sorta. I've heard some Klipsch setups that sound great, and, that has me looking for a pair of Corns, etc, that I can throw some mods on. I've also heard some Klipsch that had me howling with the dogs that lived a mile away. Front end symmetry is ultra critical on most Klipsch.

I would like to here the IV's to see what they've done with them.
  • mhardy6647
    I would like to hear a pair as well (speaking of being on topic).
  • kharp1
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I would like to hear a pair as well (speaking of being on topic).

Allow me to throw another jog in this thread. From a totally separate discussion, YOU'RE A HERETIC!" :)