Windows Vista log on problem, need help

2»

Comments

• mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited July 2010
    Can you locate the .exe file that is running? If so you can submit that to a site (there are several) that will scan it--There are several ways to determine the executable, the most basic way is to launch Task Manager and look for the Adobe Updater task that's running--Then right click on it and select Properties, that will tell you where the file is located.

I have to run right now, I'll see if I can find any of those sites that you can submit the file to later tonight....

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited July 2010
    Here ya go--I believe this is the same site I used to use:
    http://www.virustotal.com

You upload a suspiscious file to them via web based interface, and it will be scanned real-time by about 40 different AV programs for any malware, etc.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,236
    edited September 2012
    :smile:Sorry to bump an old thread, but I had to thank kawizx9r for his suggestion in post 2. I just had this happen with my son's laptop running XP, but his solution worked just great!!! Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

Great people on this forum!:cheesygrin:
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • cwuirmm
    cwuirmm Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    You can simply solve the problem by resetting the admin password or creating a new admin account. Here is a step by step guide on how to do this: http://www.uukeys.com/reset-windows-vista-password.html
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited September 2016
    Geeze. I just spent 5 minutes reading a post from 2010! Dammit. I flagged the spammer.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    haha, well it is a good password reset tool to use that Kawi mentioned.
    I disabled signatures.
  • uuuuuuuh Windows 10 anyone??? ;)
  • I'm thinking about going from DOS 3.0 to DOS 3.3 on my 80286 PC so that I can install a 32.8 meg hard drive. Is it worth it ?
    Also, I'm having trouble understanding the difference between expanded memory and extended memory.
    Can anybody help me ? o:)
    Sal Palooza
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I'm thinking about going from DOS 3.0 to DOS 3.3 on my 80286 PC so that I can install a 32.8 meg hard drive. Is it worth it ?
    Also, I'm having trouble understanding the difference between expanded memory and extended memory.
    Can anybody help me ? o:)

Jump for the 486 so you can run Doom, they invented this crazy thing called online multiplayer.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • I had a similar problem and asked for help with Google,then i got it,thank you guys,i got a lot of help from here.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    You still need help.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    It's Necro thread revival Friday!!!
  • I got it: https://www.winpwd.com/
    I will try it on my computer tomorrow.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited September 2019
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Spammer

Did NOT hit that link this time! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    verb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Spammer

Did NOT hit that link this time! :)

You thought about it lol 😂