Kanto YU6

Irrenhaus
Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
Hi,

I just got this ones to use with my PC to replace my old Bose Companion Series 2. Guess I underestimate their size for my desk space. I like the fact they have a SUB out.
I will install later today if time permits and see how they sound.
ymt5rhmb2p49.jpg
biwpybhmotoz.jpg
wad1uxlgpnqc.jpg
2uhpnxway9yt.jpg

Cheers
HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited August 2019

They look nice!
    Two questions a priori, if I might...

1) What is the provenance of your pair? (I googled and I do see 'em on Amazon, e.g.)
    2) What attracted you to them?

I ask mostly 'cause I've never heard of them before :|
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2019
    Oh, a wry thought (again, if I may)...

I think it would be delightfully appropriate if your first audition with your new YU6 speakers would be some music by The We Five.

https://youtu.be/IbuzEjEHso0

mu66dxv01t3q.png

ooh, I crack myself up sometimes...

B)

sorry! :p
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Curious to hear your impressions on these. I had a look at Kantos when I got sucked into powered monitors after being really impressed with Audioengine's HD3s.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Irrenhaus
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    They look nice!
    Two questions a priori, if I might...

1) What is the provenance of your pair? (I googled and I do see 'em on Amazon, e.g.)
    2) What attracted you to them?

I ask mostly 'cause I've never heard of them before :|

Hi there.

I got them from World Wide Stereo, have done business with them in the past and happy with their service.

I like the Sub out option. I use a small powered Sony 8" sub on my PC. They seem to get good reviews.

Cheers

HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Irrenhaus
    Okay so finally set them up last night. This are set on both sides of my desk on 31" stands and they are angle towards the chair.

They have good image and sound stage even know they are close to me and when paired with the sub they produce nice music and good rumble and detail during gaming (mostly BFV) will try other games today.

Cheers
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I bought my fiancé a music hall tt and a set of the yu4’s for her living room for Christmas. They sound really good and they double as the tv speakers through the optical in. We love them!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Irrenhaus
    Well today I try the subwoofer out from the speakers and either the output is low or the cheap 8" Sony sub is the problem it can barely play at low volumes. Now connected to the output of the sound card of the PC it gets loud quick.

I will try later using the SVS and see how it performs.

Cheers
  • mhardy6647
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Well today I try the subwoofer out from the speakers and either the output is low or the cheap 8" Sony sub is the problem it can barely play at low volumes. Now connected to the output of the sound card of the PC it gets loud quick.

Cheers

No level control on your Sony sub?
    :|
  • Irrenhaus
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Irrenhaus wrote: »

Cheers

No level control on your Sony sub?
    :|

It does have one. But is a cheap 50w unit. But it did sound louder with the output from the PC sound card. Maybe a lot more output from that one.
  • Irrenhaus
    So far been enjoying this speakers they sound very good for PC work. So I went ahead and got the Kanto Sub8 to replace the basic Sony 8" sub. That has been a big improvement even know is smaller in size (enclosure) it delivers a nice punch, specially in war games and also good for music.

l8nzfjrvt7as.jpg
    l0gg81idy03z.jpg
    zvcmp0acmf25.jpg
    bho9bf09gqfi.jpg
    kusx28qnunq2.jpg

Cheers