Kanto YU6

IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 853
Hi,

I just got this ones to use with my PC to replace my old Bose Companion Series 2. Guess I underestimate their size for my desk space. I like the fact they have a SUB out.
I will install later today if time permits and see how they sound.
ymt5rhmb2p49.jpg
biwpybhmotoz.jpg
wad1uxlgpnqc.jpg
2uhpnxway9yt.jpg


Cheers
HT
AVR-Pioneer SC99
Adcom 585
RTi12s
Rear- RT150
Center-CSi5
Sub-Rythmik audio F25
Player- Oppo BDP-103


Living room 2ch rig:
Peach Tree Decco, Onkyo CS-5VL SACD and Linn Kelidh

Bedroom 2ch rig.
Cary AE-3, Parasound 2125, Marantz SA8005, Usher V-601 or SDA 1C, SVS SB12-NSD, Intel NUC PC and Panamax MX5105

Headphone rig;
Little DOT MK II with upgraded tube's and Sennheisers HD650.

Comments

  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,585
    edited August 31

    They look nice!
    Two questions a priori, if I might...

    1) What is the provenance of your pair? (I googled and I do see 'em on Amazon, e.g.)
    2) What attracted you to them?

    I ask mostly 'cause I've never heard of them before :|
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,585
    edited August 31
    Oh, a wry thought (again, if I may)...

    I think it would be delightfully appropriate if your first audition with your new YU6 speakers would be some music by The We Five.



    mu66dxv01t3q.png

    ooh, I crack myself up sometimes...

    B)

    sorry! :p
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,967
    Curious to hear your impressions on these. I had a look at Kantos when I got sucked into powered monitors after being really impressed with Audioengine's HD3s.
    I disabled signatures.
  • IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 853
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    They look nice!
    Two questions a priori, if I might...

    1) What is the provenance of your pair? (I googled and I do see 'em on Amazon, e.g.)
    2) What attracted you to them?

    I ask mostly 'cause I've never heard of them before :|

    Hi there.

    I got them from World Wide Stereo, have done business with them in the past and happy with their service.

    I like the Sub out option. I use a small powered Sony 8" sub on my PC. They seem to get good reviews.

    Cheers

    HT
    AVR-Pioneer SC99
    Adcom 585
    RTi12s
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103


    Living room 2ch rig:
    Peach Tree Decco, Onkyo CS-5VL SACD and Linn Kelidh

    Bedroom 2ch rig.
    Cary AE-3, Parasound 2125, Marantz SA8005, Usher V-601 or SDA 1C, SVS SB12-NSD, Intel NUC PC and Panamax MX5105

    Headphone rig;
    Little DOT MK II with upgraded tube's and Sennheisers HD650.
  • IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 853
    Okay so finally set them up last night. This are set on both sides of my desk on 31" stands and they are angle towards the chair.

    They have good image and sound stage even know they are close to me and when paired with the sub they produce nice music and good rumble and detail during gaming (mostly BFV) will try other games today.

    Cheers
    HT
    AVR-Pioneer SC99
    Adcom 585
    RTi12s
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103


    Living room 2ch rig:
    Peach Tree Decco, Onkyo CS-5VL SACD and Linn Kelidh

    Bedroom 2ch rig.
    Cary AE-3, Parasound 2125, Marantz SA8005, Usher V-601 or SDA 1C, SVS SB12-NSD, Intel NUC PC and Panamax MX5105

    Headphone rig;
    Little DOT MK II with upgraded tube's and Sennheisers HD650.
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,262
    I bought my fiancé a music hall tt and a set of the yu4’s for her living room for Christmas. They sound really good and they double as the tv speakers through the optical in. We love them!
    2 Channel - Major reduction complete

    KEF LS50W I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs


  • IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 853
    Well today I try the subwoofer out from the speakers and either the output is low or the cheap 8" Sony sub is the problem it can barely play at low volumes. Now connected to the output of the sound card of the PC it gets loud quick.

    I will try later using the SVS and see how it performs.

    Cheers
    HT
    AVR-Pioneer SC99
    Adcom 585
    RTi12s
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103


    Living room 2ch rig:
    Peach Tree Decco, Onkyo CS-5VL SACD and Linn Kelidh

    Bedroom 2ch rig.
    Cary AE-3, Parasound 2125, Marantz SA8005, Usher V-601 or SDA 1C, SVS SB12-NSD, Intel NUC PC and Panamax MX5105

    Headphone rig;
    Little DOT MK II with upgraded tube's and Sennheisers HD650.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,585
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Well today I try the subwoofer out from the speakers and either the output is low or the cheap 8" Sony sub is the problem it can barely play at low volumes. Now connected to the output of the sound card of the PC it gets loud quick.

    I will try later using the SVS and see how it performs.

    Cheers

    No level control on your Sony sub?
    :|
  • IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 853
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Well today I try the subwoofer out from the speakers and either the output is low or the cheap 8" Sony sub is the problem it can barely play at low volumes. Now connected to the output of the sound card of the PC it gets loud quick.

    I will try later using the SVS and see how it performs.

    Cheers

    No level control on your Sony sub?
    :|

    It does have one. But is a cheap 50w unit. But it did sound louder with the output from the PC sound card. Maybe a lot more output from that one.
    HT
    AVR-Pioneer SC99
    Adcom 585
    RTi12s
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103


    Living room 2ch rig:
    Peach Tree Decco, Onkyo CS-5VL SACD and Linn Kelidh

    Bedroom 2ch rig.
    Cary AE-3, Parasound 2125, Marantz SA8005, Usher V-601 or SDA 1C, SVS SB12-NSD, Intel NUC PC and Panamax MX5105

    Headphone rig;
    Little DOT MK II with upgraded tube's and Sennheisers HD650.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!