GA meetup

Comments

• JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    I’m still around. Would really like to make this, but Sept 14th is my wife’s birthday and the 16th is my son’s.. bad weekend for me to slip away unfortunately.

I hope you guys have a great time listening to some really nice gear!
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Darn. Next time bro
  • joecoulson
    So who’s in ?
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    I am so far.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Same
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Me, too.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • joecoulson
    Unfortunately Dave is not going because he is being pulled away with work - sorry Dave, but this has me thinking it's going to be like last time (which wasn't bad, but I would like to be prepared) where 1-2 people show up.

Sorry to ask again, but now we are 2 weeks away can I get confirmations from you guys that are definitely coming? If you are not, please respond regardless of any communication in the past please.

Thanks fellas!
  • VR3
    As of now, yes, still potentially the wife
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited August 2019
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Unfortunately Dave is not going because he is being pulled away with work - sorry Dave, but this has me thinking it's going to be like last time (which wasn't bad, but I would like to be prepared) where 1-2 people show up.

Sorry to ask again, but now we are 2 weeks away can I get confirmations from you guys that are definitely coming? If you are not, please respond regardless of any communication in the past please.

Thanks fellas!

I know we talked this morning Joe, but I am truly saddened by the fact that work has compelled me to travel to Wentzville Assembly that week. I'll be spending the week in the St. Louis area.

I struggled with this information for a day, trying to figure a way to best formulate the message, but then you beat me to it when you called this morning!

I was looking forward to the trip for sure, hang out with a bunch of like minded folks, jam on some good tunes, admire your setup, and eat all of your food!

Dang!

I'm additionally dismayed by the fact that I have 2 3rd row VIP tickets to go see Massive Attack that week! These were not cheap by any means. I'm feeling pretty low just typing this. Was planning a nice date with the Mrs, go to the show, dinner, and spend the night at the MGM Grand Hotel downtown.

But as you say, work demands that I go. The program team does not care about work/life balance, or anyone's life really Their objective is to launch the best vehicle with the highest 1st time quality, on budget, and on time! Now matter what it takes, or how many dead bodies they leave along the way. For those in the corporate world, you know what I mean.

I just surpassed my 25 year anniversary with my employer, not too many complaints, but this is sure one of em! I'm getting too old to stay in the rat race, plenty of kids here nowadays that can do that. Geez, after the launch of the Equinox/Terrain, which lasted over 2 years, I traveled all over the globe launching those suckers. Western China, 2 plants in Mexico, and Canada. I'm tired. Since then, I really haven't traveled for over a year, and now this.

Hits me hard Joe, as I consider you among my very best friends. I feel like I let you down. I'm very sorry.

Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Another thing Joe, don't let this prevent you from planning future get togethers! It's folks like you, and others, who host special gatherings, and such, which is one of the reasons why CP is so great!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited August 2019
    Sorry to hear Dave
    Hit up Victor @halo. Missing one polkie but jumping into another's neighborhood.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Dave,

Sorry to hear this. You know how the saying goes, people make plans and God/god/the gods/the universe laughs.

Feel free to send me a message and, hopefully, we can meet up while you’re in St. Louis!

Take care brother!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • joecoulson
    Dave, nothing by love for you man.

I have the house to myself that weekend as I sent the family out of town. I will hope for some of the confined guests to attend but if worst comes to worst, I’ll just keep truckin and listen to as much as I can.
  • VR3
    Will we be confined? Like cages?

What kind of party is this?
  • joecoulson
    Lmao!! Confirmed. My tired azz
  • VR3
    If it were Tuesday, Tom may be like the cages, gotta watch that @treitz3
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Tom's been MIA as of late.... is he in jail LOL
  • joecoulson
    He has been totally unresponsive to pm or even text, but I’m a nobody. Trey?
  • VR3
    He's alive, not sure why he's Mia here
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Also must repeat regrets. Unless my lady decides to stay longer with her sisters in Chicago, I'll be with her that weekend. If/when that changes, I'll check with you to see if there's still a chair. Very much appreciate the hospitality regardless.

@verb - Hope that week goes quickly and smoothly.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • joecoulson
    @treitz3 @BlueBirdMusic @VR3 @lightman1 all confirmed. Any others? I was thinking this was a bust but 4 is two more than we got last time and last time was fun.
    Attendees, pulled pork ok?
  • VR3
    Sure thing
  • VR3
    @F1nut mail us a set of legend monitors
  • verb
    CGTIII wrote: »
    Also must repeat regrets. Unless my lady decides to stay longer with her sisters in Chicago, I'll be with her that weekend. If/when that changes, I'll check with you to see if there's still a chair. Very much appreciate the hospitality regardless.

Thanks brother! Still a little saddened while reading this update. But, as the Mrs told me, I can come visist my friend Joe anytime! :)
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Meetup @ Joe’s a week from today?
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • joecoulson
    verb wrote: »
    CGTIII wrote: »

Thanks brother! Still a little saddened while reading this update. But, as the Mrs told me, I can come visist my friend Joe anytime! :)

Anytime my friend
  • joecoulson
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    Meetup @ Joe’s a week from today?

Yessir! You in??
  • Morning Joe,
    My being there is currently iffy. I have a health issue that has become more of an issue as of last Thursday. During my annual physical a few weeks back, blood tests indicated my kidneys are not functioning properly. The doctor said the top two causes of kidney issues are dehydration and blood pressure medication.

My water intake was increased for a two week period and another test was done. My kidney functions did not improve but worsened. On Tuesday, I am scheduled for a sonogram to check for a blockage. Other than that, it could possibly be the blood pressure med that I take causing it. I don't know what happens after Tuesday as of now.

I know you have expended a great effort putting this together, and I want to be there.

Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • joecoulson
    Harry hope you take care of yourself. Prayers for good health.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Joe,
    I’m sorry I’m out 😢.
    I had looked forward to a meetup... ....this Meetup!

Not 1 but 2 family events, one w/my 11 year old son. The other, a reveal party for my wife’s niece who miscarried their first.

Perhaps I can repay your willing kindness at my place after I move & expand my system.

Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work