Gauge of interest in Polk speaker demo program

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Or they start in the midwest and branch out back towards the CA and Balt HQ's........
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    tonyb wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Just a quick update. There will be 2 pair available for this demo, so I'll likely do an East - West thing.

I forgot to mention you must have at least 100 posts and be an active member to participate.

That means we Midwest dudes get punked. :) If we start one pair on the east coast and one on the west, the Midwest won't see them until the next series comes out. Try and grab one more pair Jess, just sayin'.

Meh. The Midwest is just like the East Coast, except, you know, boring...
    and flat.

B)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Or we can think of it as by the time it hits the Midwest, they will be broken in.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    erniejade wrote: »
    Or we can think of it as by the time it hits the Midwest, they will be broken in.

I'll put some hours on them before they hit the road so that the first in line won't have to.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• halen
    halen Posts: 675
    edited August 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    Just a quick update. There will be 2 pair available for this demo, so I'll likely do an East - West thing.

I forgot to mention you must have at least 100 posts and be an active member to participate.

That means we Midwest dudes get punked. :) If we start one pair on the east coast and one on the west, the Midwest won't see them until the next series comes out. Try and grab one more pair Jess, just sayin'.

Meh. The Midwest is just like the East Coast, except, you know, boring...
    and flat.

B)

I guarantee you, it ain’t flat here. Trust me. I am the old guy sitting at a dimly lit corner of a place called Baby Dolls or is it Twin Peaks?

There is just no love for the South Coast. If F1 considers, I am in. We could just have a get together here and many could experience at once. In addition to at home demo’s.

Warmest regards.

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited August 2019
    Hey Jessie, I'm on Merritt Island FL. If you dont judge me for using a Yamaha RXA1050 Aventage HTR as a pre to my Carver TFM45 (updated 03/19 by Greg Garska aka The Carver Site MKii) I'd be interested. My room is fully acoustically treated. I run RTA12B with new caps and resistors. No sub unless its movie time.
  • F1nut
    Just say in and be sure to read my OP twice. :)

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited August 2019
    What is the guesstimate on shipping? Assuming it's gonna be around or under $75 I am in. Otherwise, I'll talk myself into it :)

IN!

Jesse, should I PM you my info? edit, reread OP, info sent :)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Illinois was/is pretty flat but Missouri has a lot more ups and downs (geographically speaking). :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    halo wrote: »
    Illinois was/is pretty flat but Missouri has a lot more ups and downs (geographically speaking). :)

Well coming from IL everything is uphill, if ya know what I mean hehehe
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • F1nut
    Guys/Gals, don't send your info to me yet. I'll ask for it once the demo is ready to roll, thanks.

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    Ready. Fire. Aim.

... is just one of my mottoes.

B)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Guys/Gals, don't send your info to me yet. I'll ask for it once the demo is ready to roll, thanks.

I’ll send it again just in case you didn’t get it the first time 👍
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    erniejade wrote: »

LOL, yeah that would be nice. I'm just thinking about the amount of responses. Consider each one will have these for about a week, plus time for shipping in-between many of them. Every 50 participants is a years time plus.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    Any other moaning and groaning?

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Appreciate you getting this together!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

r6jyfh4asdc3.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Nightfall wrote: »

pcpxxn1hpj8i.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    That's just about perfect :D

• Nightfall
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »

pcpxxn1hpj8i.png

Something smells bad.

• I am not in, I will let the others do all the work. If the consensus is these live up to the Legend moniker I will purchase the larger bookies.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

lol....it's not moaning and groaning Jess, it's math. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I thought about it, and as much as I want to hear these, I shouldn't spend $70ish just to hear these things, awesome as they may be. I'll find a dealer or something once they've been out a while!

You ALL have to post a review, OK? :)

(And a quick note; just because I know how generous you guys are, I'd like to ask that you don't offer to pay for shipping. I don't want to pay for it cause it's not worth 50-70 bucks to me just to hear speakers that I won't keep, and it isn't worth your $$ for me to hear them either. Thanks to any of you who thought about it. :) )
  • F1nut wrote: »

Is it time yet.... is it time yet.... is it time yet :grin:
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288

Is it time yet.... is it time yet.... is it time yet :grin:

Now kids, don't make me come back there!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited September 2019
    So... now that the cat is out of the bag, will they consider getting a set of the L800 SDA's out into the wild as part of this demo? If so, I am willing to hold demo's in my home and coordinate SoCal... B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    I was a little surprised/distressed by the price of the little two-ways; the flagship looks like a much better value (superficially, at least). I wonder what's in the little two-ways...?

I guess, more to the point, I wonder how much opprobrium I would be subjected to if I took a screwdriver to 'em (assuming a pair came here to visit)? B)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I was hoping to see a bookie with SDA as well...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson