FedEx Suuuuucks

Nightfall
Nightfall Posts: 10,042
edited August 2019 in The Clubhouse
They never even ring the doorbell. Just leave that stupid "I was too lazy to carry your package or I didn't even have it, we'll "try" again tomorrow" tag. Second time this month, second package from FedEx this month.
afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    I’m seeing that a lot lately, from UPS too.

I talked to the gal driving the Amazon delivery van the other day, and they were told NOT to ring the doorbell or knock. They are instructed to just leave the package (unless it requires a signature) on the porch. I asked why, and she said that the higher-ups decided that “customer contact” slowed the delivery process too much, lol.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Nightfall
    edited August 2019
    I'd be happy to pay an extra dollar for them to actually ring the doorbell. How much gas and time is wasted by these drivers everyday driving to somebodies house knowing that you're not even going to ring the doorbell and just leave the door tag?

I'm just frustrated because I was excited for the new speakers today. Now I have to wait until Tuesday and I have to go pick it up from Walgreens because if you don't have it shipped to Walgreens they'll just leave a second door tag saying you weren't home when you were.

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    That sucks - what speakers did you get (did I miss it in another thread?)?
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Nightfall
    Only one person here knows I even got them, you didn't miss anything. You'll probably see on Tuesday unless Walgreens isn't home.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I’m seeing that a lot lately, from UPS too.

:'(

rq8p5ulbe9a7.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Only one person here knows I even got them, you didn't miss anything. You'll probably see on Tuesday unless Walgreens isn't home.
    [emphasis added]

That.
    That right there.
    That is signature line-worthy material.
    That is.

B)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    They never even ring the doorbell. Just leave that stupid "I was too lazy to carry your package or I didn't even have it, we'll "try" again tomorrow" tag. Second time this month, second package from FedEx this month.

Was it signature required?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    F1nut wrote: »

Was it signature required?

Indirect signature required both times, yeah.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    A friendly suggestion to all.

When something is coming signature required and I know I'll be home I tape a note to the door stating to the shipper I am here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Usually get items that need a signature shipped to the warehouse at work. If the packaging is damaged, it’s opened in front of the driver, inspected, and a picture taken. Obvious damage, sent back on the spot.

Just one more perk I personally enjoy.
  • mhardy6647
    It gets even more challenging when one's physical address doesn't exist in any address database :)

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    I've had very few problems with fedx, ups on the other hand has been challenging.
  • mhardy6647
    I like the good ol' USPS. I/we have had good luck with them in Harvard, MA and also up here in NH. We're fortunate to (still) have had small local POs both places.
  • Nightfall
    I have also had the best luck with USPS

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    my fedx driver will knock but leaves before i get to the door.
    if signature required i have it dropped at fedx office.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    FedEx here always leaves it at the door and knocks if signature is required. So far haven't had any real problems with them or UPS.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • lunazul
    lunazul Posts: 780
    My recent experiences have been that if the package is signature required and is heavily insured, they will get the signature. No insurance, ring and run.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Other than groceries, I buy everything online. Mostly it is delivered via UPS or FedEx, and I haven’t had any issues.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    UPS is the worst around me.

Lost packages, delivered to wrong house/business, damaged beyond belief...

USPS and Fedex have been FAR more consistent for us. Show up on time and packages look respectable.

I’ve had one package damaged by FedEx and they paid out the claim easily and quickly.

UPS has damaged SEVERAL items and they always make it a battle, UPS has YET to take responsibility for damages done by them. My personal packages and business items.

They once ran a fork lift over an entire box of product for my business, repacked it and delivered it like NOTHING happened...

Something was clearly off when it showed up in a UPS box covered in UPS tape. I opened the box and could see fork lift tire marks all over my merchandise. Even after all of that, they refused to pay...

Thankfully I’ve always been able to make the retailer/supplier take the financial hit when UPS screws up. But I always question any business I deal with why on earth do they use UPS?!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited August 2019
    UPS has been the worst for me

Funniest is the Fresh Xmas wreath my mom sent me that literally showed up a year later...

I carried the box in and all this cr@@p was falling on my floors...of course thatWTF came out of my mouth

The upside was although the gesture at the actual Xmas it was supposed to come would have been sweet...

....but the laughs me and mom shared a year later were priceless..TY UPS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,740
    edited August 2019
    In the last month, the Amazon driver reached out of the drivers window and "released" my 2 pkgs onto the gravel next to the street. Next attempt he set it on the mailbox, would be criminal to walk down the driveway. I try to use them as little as possible.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Amazon has no idea what they are going. The USPS is subsidized the the us, the taxpayers, so their driver drivers do hot have to be efficient.
    Try reading your terms of service for FedEx or UPS....and have the shipper use the signature release option. Its called efficiency and stops per hour....part of running a competitive business.