Dolby Atmos

2»

Comments

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Yes having the 4 ATMOS/DTSX/Height speakers is a blast. Even though I "F"ed up and got in-ceiling FX speakers it still sounds better than most theaters.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    Running a full 7.3.4 system in my theater room Mantis using all Polk Speakers on the lower level and Sonance MAG6R's in ceiling and couldn't be happier with the end results. My only problem is a spend way to much time at the office trying to afford this bad habit then I do at home enjoying it! LOL!
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Bring this thread back as I'm thinking of adding 2 more Atmos Speakers to the system. They would be Atmos Front Speakers. I would then move to a 5.2.4 system. I think now that I lived with Atmos it's time to improve on it. Trying it out with just 2 In ceiling speakers has proven to be a awesome upgrade, so now that " Winter Is Coming" ( yup I said it LOL) it's my time to sorta retire my detailing and racing hobby and now focus internally and start playing more with the Home Theater setup. So looking at it this morning I think the move is more Atmos. I'm also considering going bigger on the TV side. The Z9D is an awesome TV but I'm thinking the 65 inch needs to get bigger, I can't water it or pump it with a tire pump so going bigger and replacing it would have to be the move. Sadly the current models are not IMO better then the Z9D. The New Z9F is nice but it's black levels and blooming issues are not on par with the Z9D. I think the Z9D is the very best LED Tv I had ever seen.
    The OLED's pricing has come down quite a bit so I'm strongly thinking about the 77 inch Sony 77 inch A9G is pretty amazing and it's going price right now is the best ever.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.